Tuesday 24 January 2012

Black and White!


I wanted to have a go at the new challenge over at the CAS-ual Friday blog, the theme this week is "Black and White" much as I try I my mojo left and I couldn't think of a thing to make.  After flicking through my scraps bog I found this tag that I was going to use at Christmas and just didn't get around to finishing it.  Hence the rather late for this year Christmas card.  Never mind with seventy cards to make each year you can never start too early!!

Sorry for the poor photograph but I won't get chance to take this in daylight before the challenge closes.

After adding the ribbons and buttons I have mounted my tag onto a white card and then added the sentiment and gems.  The village scene is actually embossed in white glitter powder so the card has a really beautiful shimmer.





















Hope you are having a good week , I have the day off tomorrow and have planned lots of things to do!!

19 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, I did a bit of a gasp when I saw this! It's so beautiful! The city looks stunning embossed on the black- WOW!

Annette Allen said...

awesome card...love how you used this stamp with the fun embossing...looks awesome.

stampingandstitching said...

Oh Sally, this is gorgeous! Love the village in b&w and in real life the sparkle must be wonderful! The bows and button are so pretty too! Well done to getting an early start on your Christmas cards for this year! Hope you have a wonderful, fun day tomorrow:)

donna mikasa said...

so pretty, Sally! love how you trimmed the village image into a tag--beautiful embossing!

Anette said...

Gorgeous, Sally, absolutely stunning!

Michele Gross said...

It's beautiful! I love the little gems at the bottom, perfect pop of shine :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Barb said...

So pretty, Sally! Love that double bow! :)

Dawn T said...

Beautiful Sally.

joy said...

WOW! This is stunning, Sally! I love that shimmery village, the double bow and the gems you added. So beautiful!

Cathy A said...

Sally, love the elegance of the bow and button

MarcyK924 said...

Sally, this is absolutely gorgeous card! I love this in black and white - just perfect! Happy Birthday, sweetie!!

Jessi Fogan said...

The village looks superb in b&w! And how lovely the button & ribbon combo is :) And you're right, you can't get started too early for next year. Luckily cards don't go bad :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So elegant, Sally! Just love how you used the village stamp on this! Great bow too! Happy Birthday!!!!!

Dotty Jo said...

Oh Sally, this is so lovely! The white embossing looks great against the black - almost like a powdering of snow. Terrific work as always, Jo x

Robin K. said...

This is absolutely stunning Sally!! The black and white combo gives this such a touch of elegance! Hope you had a wonderful birthday! I applaud your early start on this year's Christmas cards!

Jacqueline said...

Sally, this is gorgeous! TFS!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Sally, your card is gorgeous; Love your design.

Anita Rex said...

Love this Sally! So pretty and your right you can never start to early! :>

Virginia L. said...

Love how you showcased this Village stamp! Thanks for linking your card for "How I stretch my Stamps" challenge!