Monday 17 March 2014

A New Challenge!!


I have just got back from a couple of weeks house sitting and have found that there is a new challenge blog called Virginia's View.  I have long been a follower of Virginias Blog so had to take part in this challenge which is cards with Water colouring. Here is my card, a CAS design but with I have water coloured the flower stems with Distress stains.  Both the Dies are from Memory Box and the sentiment is Hero Arts.


For the past two weeks I have been house sitting in the country for my cousin, he has the most amazing garden with lots of wildlife visiting every day. Here are some photos.  The top one is of the Goldfinches and Blue Tits feeding.


Here is a very well fed Blue Tit.


Not a great photo but at night a badger visits, we left out some peanuts for him!


 We have had some beautiful weather over the last few days and spring is on the way at last!



Have a great week, I hope to catch up with some of my favourite blogs this week!






10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Great card Sally, love how you have used the colours and all the different elements! That looks like a fabulous garden - no wonder you agreed to house sit! Jo x

stampingandstitching said...

Oh what a wonderful post, Sally! Your card is gorgeous! I love your pretty watercoloured flowers and the border is beautiful!

Your photos are fantastic! Looks like there were lots of visitors to the bird feeder and that well fed blue tit looks so cute and fluffy! Wow to getting a nighttime photo of a badger too, I'm sure he enjoyed the peanuts. Isn't it wonderful to see the flowers in bloom too?

Virginia L. said...

The rich colors of the flowers really speak volumes, Sally! I adore the colors so much! You sure did a great job on this challenge! Thanks so much for linking to the first Virginia's View Challenge! PS:take ME (and my son) to your cousin's garden..I had to show David your photos as he is a bird-lover! Your photos gave us such a thrill :)

Barb said...

I love this post, Sally! The photos of the birds are amazing - so pretty too! And I love your card! Those watercolored, die-cut flowers are beautiful!

Judy1223 said...

Welcome hone, Sally! Your card is gorgeous...I love those dies and your watercoloring is fabulous! (Nice to see some signs of spring...we had more snow today! Ugh!)

Dawn T said...

Beautiful Sally. This is a simply stunning. Love the photos you shared of your cousins wildlife.

joy said...

Love your pretty card, Sally! The water colored die cuts are very nice against the white.

What beautiful pictures of the birds and flowers. That would be a fun place to house sit, for sure.

Brenda in IN said...

Beautiful card today. Love how you colored the flowers. Your pictures make me happy for spring. Hope it gets here soon!

Robin K. said...

What a fab post Sally!!! How fun it must have been seeing all those beautiful birds and signs of spring:). I really love your combination of die cuts - the way you colored the flower dies is so pretty against the white bg!

Brenda said...

I love the simplicity of your gorgeous card Sally, it's very striking!