Saturday, 28 June 2014

Glitter!!!





I have just got this new die from Poppy Stamps and couldn't wait to use it.  I can see its going to be so versatile and will be so useful for masculine cards.  I  coloured the inside of an embossing folder with Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feather distress inks and sprayed with shimmer mist , then embossed some card and placed it behind the die cut. For the sparkly green I cut some glitter card with the same die and re inserted the letters.  I am adding this card to the current Simon Says Anything Goes Challenge.



My neighbour asked me to make a Naming Day card for her niece's baby so I got out my favourite Baby set from Hero Arts and stamped the cute elephants onto gingham paper.  I seem to be using a lot of glitter card lately, not my normal style but I love the added sparkle!!

After a few really busy weeks at work I am finding more time to craft, hopefully I can visit a few blogs as well this weekend.

Have a great Sunday.



7 comments:

Betty Keefe said...

love both of your cards - agree the versatility of the birthday die is really great - you might just have enabled me to spend some more money!!!

joy said...

I really like that die you used for the first card - the pop of glittered paper looks great behind the greeting.

And, those little elephants on the second card are too cute! I would like to know what a baby naming day is?? Never heard of that.

Cathy said...

Gorgeous cards Sally. I have the birthday die too. Love the way you've created the marbled looking colours as a background. Cathy x

Teresa Kline said...

hi Sally! these are both awesome cards, I adore the sweet elephants..toooo cute! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Dawn Turley said...

Both cards are delightful. The die set is lovely and works beautifully with all the greens and blues on the card. Adore your elephants. Nice idea.

Heather Maria said...

What a fun birthday card, Sally! Love your gorgeous inking behind some of the cut outs and the sparkly "birthday" is so pretty! I think I'll have to add that die to my wishlist:)

Your baby card is adorable! The gingham elephants are so sweet and I love the glittery heart balloon!

Hope you summer holidays come around soon. Adam just finished up on Friday - he is one happy boy:) Enjoy your Sunday:)

Robin K. said...

Love how you backed that birthday die- that looks like a very versatile die!! And your baby card is adorable- love the gingham ellie's!! Off to look up what naming day is all about:)