Thursday, 14 January 2016

Colour Challenge.


 Last year was a quiet year for my card making as I spent time on lots of other projects.  I was keen to update all my orange pine furniture and spent ages painting it, I also found time to make two quilts and also do lots of baking .  I have missed my cards and have decided to enter more challenges this year to keep my creativity challenged.

I saw this Colour Challenge at the newly named Seven Hills Crafts  and decided to have a go.  I was immediately drawn to the warmer colours and decided to go with the Chili Wheel!!

Here is my card , I found it hard to photograph well as I used some vellum with a sheen on it!  Both the banners and backing sheet was cut using my new Avery Elle Dies Pierced Rectangles  and Dotted ELLE-ments.  The large banner was stamped with the Tim Holz Garden Flowers and coloured with distress inks. I then distressed the background with Scattered Straw. 


Finally I embossed the Hero Arts Happy Birthday in gold and added the die cut leaves.

I hope you are all enjoying your week, it has turned really cold here after a mild wet December, so I can feel more card making coming on!!


5 comments:

Barb said...

This is one gorgeous card, Sally! Love that pretty vellum and your design is just beautiful!

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous inspiration and love your card!

Dotty Jo x said...

Love your card - the colours are great! Jo x

Bridget said...

Oh, I love your layout with the stapled vellum sentiment - such a fab touch!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your layered banners and those chili colors look amazing, Sally!