Thursday 1 December 2016

I love using my Poinsettia stamp!!


Yes I do love this Poinsettia stamp from Hero Arts, it really is so versatile and has been my go to stamp for all my Christmas cards this year.  I decided I wanted to make some CAS cards with it so for this card I have just stamped in and gold embossed the stamp and then partially die cut the rectangle then fussy cutting the rest of the leaves.  I have then layered it up on some more white card after adding the strip of ribbon. The "Merry" is a Memory Box die. I couldn't resist adding a few pearls to finish.  I am entering this in two challenges. "Anything Goes " at the Simon Says Wednesday challenge and Die Cut Divas "Layer It"



My second card has proved very difficult to photograph,  I have used a background using the Waxed paper embossing technique, then stamped and embossed in gold the Poinsettia.  I have then added two layers in White.  The sentiment is also Hero Arts.



Another view, I think the wax embossed background is my favourite Technique at the moment, I have used it on so many cards.  I will also add this card to the two challenges.


Just to finish I thought I would show you the view from my craft room window today, its a really cold winters day but the sun is shining and the mist is laying in the hills, so beautiful and inspiring!

 

6 comments:

Michelle N. said...

Both cards are just so lovely! Love that background technique results-Must try it! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's this month.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two more poinsettia beauties, Sally! Just love how you stamped toward the edge and cut around the flower on card one! And the white layer over the gold looks great on card two!!

Arlene said...

Every time I see the poinsettia used, I love it. You have perfected using the poinsettia in the most beautiful ways. Gorgeous.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Judith said...

What a beautifull view you have. Love your cards.

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous cards Sally. I love the Poinsettia stamp too. And the wax paper background is stunning in this colour
Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas this month

Gayatri said...

Both cards are elegant. LOVE them both. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes. Gayatri xx