Saturday 18 March 2017

Note Cards.


We have had some beautiful Spring days here and so I have been spending alot of time in the garden instead of making cards.  As we moved last year I am eagerly awaiting new growth in the garden as it is all a surprise, I do know we have some flowering cherry trees and I can't wait to see them in full bloom.  
These two note cards are inspired by the cherry tree blossom, this top one was an experiment and I am pleased with the result, I used the Altenew "Beautiful Bloom" stamping with distress inks on watercolour paper and  adding lots of highlights with Zig Markers, then I added loads of water to get this soft effect. The base square is a Simon Says die and I have embossed the edge in Gold before adding the sentiment and sequins.



For the second card I die cut another square of watercolour card and stamped and embossed in white the flower outline, then I added Raspberry distress ink, The flowers and leaves are stamped and embossed in gold then fussy cut before pop dotting on the card,

I am adding both cards to the Simon Says Wednesday challenge "Bit O'Green" and the Simon Says Flickr Group Challenge #67 "Think Spring" the Simon Says product I have used is the stitched square die on both cards.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend
Hugs
Sally

6 comments:

Lin said...

You are showing off these beautiful day flowers beautiully, Sally! Keep 'em coming!

Betty said...

two lovely cards,Sally - the second one is really pretty!

Dotty Jo said...

Such lovely cards! Spring is such an exciting time, isn't it, Jo x

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous note cards Sally. This is a lovely stamp set and you have used it so beautifully

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such gorgeous note cards, Sally - just love how you colored that beautiful bloom!!

Gayatri said...

Two beautiful watercoloured cards. Love them both. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp A Bit O Green Challenge. Gayatri xx