Monday 24 July 2017

Christmas in July!!



I had chance to make another card for the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge "Seeing Stars"  I decided to make my first Christmas card of the year and dusted off an old favourite of mine, the Hero Arts Snowman stamp and die. I have coloured with Zig Markers.   The background is a die cut with my Silhouette machine and placed onto a blue distressed background.  I have also added some Stickles for lots of shimmer.






This second card I made for my oldest friend, I have known her for 50 years and she is a very special fried so I wanted to make her a special card.  I have used Altenew's "Beautiful Day" set which I stamped  and watercoloured with distress ink and then fussy cut out.  The background is a Tim Holtz stencil.  This is my third card for the Summer Challenge over at Virginia's blog.

We are off back to Surrey for a few days to visit old friends and some family, I am looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Hugs
Sally








5 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling snowman card, Sally - that image is one of my faves! You should add this to the Merry Monday summer gallery - link is on my blog. I love the gorgeous floral birthday card too!!

Unknown said...

Two gorgeous cards especially that beautiful flower, I'm sure your friend will love it !
Hugs Kaz xx

Betty said...

cute christmas card (i have yet to make one!) and your second card is gorgeous - love the stencil background - your friend is sure to love it!!

Dawn T said...

Two beautiful cards. Your little snowman is super sweet and that flower card is totally stunning!

debby4000 said...

Love your fun Snowman card, great starry background. Beautiful flowers in the second card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby