Saturday 23 June 2018

One image Two Cards!


I have been trying to take part in Kathy Rac's 30 Day Colouring Challenge unfortunately I have missed a few days but did get time today for Day 23 and also managed to make two cards with the coloured image Yeah!!

I used the Simon Says Cosmos flower background and stamped with Distress inks, then I dragged the colour with water and also added colour with my Zig Brush Markers.  Love the pretty pink, can't seem to get away from pink always my favourite!!  I then used the Altenew Alphabet dies to cut the YOU and layered it up on white three times. Just added the sentiment and Voila!!


 
A close up of the raised letters!


With the bits that were left from the background I cut squares with the Simon Says Stitched Square Dies and made this quick Grid Card.  The sentiment is also from Simon Says!



 I shall add these cards to both the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge "Bright and Cheerful;"



and also the Simon Says Flickr Group challenge "Anything Goes".  Its the 100th challenge over at the Flickr group and there are two great prizes, why not join in !

Hope you are enjoying your weekend, we are having some amazing weather at the moment so I am off to sit in the garden and do some more colouring!

Hugs
Sally

7 comments:

Betty said...

two fantastic cards, Sally - love how you used the scraps to make your second card!!

Dotty Jo said...

Such gorgeous cards, Sally! Jo x

Arlene said...

Both cards are so bright and cheery. I love both.

Barbara said...

It is hard to color everyday, even with the best of intentions. These are lovely and you can count them for two days, since you were creative enough to get two cards from one coloring session! Lol! :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love both cards, Sally! Great colors on your flowers and especially love the grid card - perfect with the crisp black sentiment!!

Misty Elam said...

Both are absolutely beautiful!! I love the hidden word die (I can’t remember what they’re calling that). And the light blue around your flowers really make them pop! I really like your layout in that 2nd card. It’s very creative. Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.
Misty

Dawn T said...

simply gorgeous Sally. Such pretty cards.