Wednesday 1 September 2010

Gift Card





































I had a little bit of fun today trying out Kelly's masking technique from Mondays post at Hero Arts, I decided to make this little gift card that holds a Tea Bag, (perfect for a small gift for a friend). I masked the cup design and then stamped with  the Art, Life and Beauty stamp from Hero Arts.  The cup was then coloured with watercolour pencils and distressed with Dusty Concord.  I added a small amount of sparkly stickles for the steam.















Inside is one special tea bag from Fortnum and Mason.

I was really excited to receive this collecton of embellishments in the post today, it was a little giveaway I won on The Ribbon Girls blog.



















I love ribbons and pretty buttons can't wait to use these!

 Summer is officially over for me today as I have to go back to work tomorrow after 5 weeks holiday, I am feeling a bit sad as there will be less time for crafting and less time for blogging,  these past weeks have gone by so quickly but its been a great holiday, lots of lovely weather and of course my trip to beautiful Italy!!
SallyX

9 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Beautiful card Sally! Brilliant masking and I love the pretty design and colours! The pocket on the inside is great too! Congrats on winning the yummy goodies - I especially love the cute red and white buttons! Best of luck tomorrow, at least it's a short week to start with:)

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Sally, this is just the sweetest little gift - love that dinky cup! Thanks for the heads up about The Sir Stampalot challenge. I am doing so little blogging right now that I am missing all the challenges, Jo x

Dotty Jo said...

PS Good luck for work tomorrow - hope it isn't too much of a shock to the system, Jo x

Barb said...

You are quick off the mark today, Sally! Love how your masking turned out! Such a fun card to hold a little gift! Love the goodies you won! Hope your first day back at work is a good one! :)

Virginia L. said...

Fabulous tea card and design! Love the masking you did! Hope your work day ahead is stress-free!!

Anonymous said...

Sally this is such a sweet gift! Love the colours :) Good luck with the challenge :)

donna mikasa said...

Love your gift card holder! Perfect little "pick me up" gift and I love the colors! And congrats on your yummy prize!

Alice said...

beautiful masking and i love the pouch idea!! fabulous card, Sally!!

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful card. Love the window and the little pocket.