Sunday 19 September 2010

Scallops, Orange and String!!




































I can't stop making these cute little gift bags!!   After watching Lisa's tutorial here I am totally hooked, they are so simple to make and you would never believe that the base is an envelope. For this one I dug out my Country Hearts design block and stamped in white, then I distressed with Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed Yellow. The Top is a Nestie shape cut in half.






















Here is another more simple design using an oval nestie shape folded in half for the flap, I have added a hook and loop dot for a fastener under the flap. The apples have Glossy Accents on to give a nice shine.

















A little photo of my three favourite bags, great for little gifts!!
The top two bags are for the challenge on sweet Jenny's blog this week, which is "Scallops, Orange and String" you have to incorporate two into your design.  They are also for the current Hero Arts challenge of small gift bags.
I am all excited my DH took me shopping yesterday and has bought me a new all singing all dancing sewing machine, I spent Saturday learning how to use all the functions.  Can't wait to get started on a proper project!!
Hope your weekend is going well.
SallyX
Supplies: Hero Arts stamps, S5161 Country Hearts. CL320 Designer Fruit. CG139 Cling Dots. CG187 Floral Brocade. Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick Distress inks.

15 comments:

Alice said...

wow! i love the beautiful colors on the first one, Sally. it's gorgeous. and the shiny apples on the second one looks so yummy! beautiful and fun gift bags. love them all!

SewSuzySew said...

They all look Fab! ... You've inspired me to have a go myself.

Hugs
Suze x

Anonymous said...

Wow Sally these are sooo stunning! Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories :)

Lin said...

Love your bags, Sally - each one is special!

Vanessa said...

These are all so beautiful, Sally!!! Love every single one!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Very cute set of bags, I really love the glisten on the apples, so yummy!

Barb said...

They really are fun to make, aren't they!? Love how you decorated these cute bags, Sally!

Toni K said...

Gorgeous bags!

stampingandstitching said...

These are all gorgeous gift bags, Sally! Wonderful designs, colours and details! I'd never have guessed that they started off as envelopes - brilliant transformations! Have fun with your new sewing machine, I'm looking forward to seeing what you create using it!

Arlene said...

Great little bags. They are marvelous.

Arlene said...

Great little bags. They are so different. Fantastic ideas.

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh! These gift bags are so DARLING! No wonder you can't stop making them! Each one is so different and so BEAUTIFUL!!!

Ann said...

Wow, these are fantastic! Thanks for playing the Wee Memories challenge this week!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous bags! Love how they all turned out.

Jinny Newlin said...

So creatively cute! Wouldn't I love to receive one of those little bags... Never mind whatever's inside them! Fabulous job!