Sunday, 18 November 2012

24 hour scramble!!


 On Friday and Saturday one of our Hero Arts Flickr group members Hannah organised a special challenge!  A whole 24hours of scramble challenges.  I think I have mentioned these before, we are given 90 minutes to make a card using a specific theme.  Usually I find it difficult to enter these as most of the hostesses live in the USA and so timing is an issue, but with it spanning 24 hours I was able to have a go at three of the challenges set.

The first challenge was number 7 set by Linda and was to use the same stamp in the foreground and background of your card.  I made this card using the "Etched Flower" cling, first stamping in Faded Jeans ink and making a mask so that I could repeat stamp in Broken China.

































Challenge 8 was set by Cat and was to make a shaped card using no white at all, unfortunately in my haste I overlooked the shaped card bit and made this card in black and silver.  After seeing the other creations I quickly found time to make another entry.
 I made this in 20 minutes, not my best attempt but it is shaped.!!!































Challenge 9 was set by Lucille and was to make a card incorporating an animal or bird that is coloured in an unusual colour. I only had a little time for this one as I had the tea to cook so I quickly paper pieced the little deer, stamped the trees and added some glitter.

I really had fun with these, its so good to challenge yourself especially when its out of your comfort zone.


6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Hi Sally, yes, I loved it too - it was lots of fun. I managed two, you managed four! Beautiful cards!!

Anita Rex said...

Love all your cards! Looks like you had so much fun! My favorite is the last one! :>

Cat Craig said...

Sally, it is great to see your cards all together! I still love your silver card...I maintain rectangle is a shape.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Glad you got to play! Love all your cards especially the village in silver. Always looking for new ways to use that stamp.

Dawn said...

gorgeous cards Sally. It certainly was a great idea to have the scrambles over 24hrs. Love the second one, even if it wasn't shaped.

Cathy A said...

Lovely the flower in the foreground and background are so elegant!