Sunday 28 April 2013

Another CAS challenge.


































I am enjoying experimenting with CAS cards at the moment and after seeing this weeks sketch challenge at "Less is More" I decided to play along.  For this really simple card I masked the border with low tac masking tape and stamped and distressed the Hydrangea image in the middle.  I then just removed the tape and added the sentiment.    I stamped the flower with Peacock Feather ink, a new one to my collection and I really love the bright colour, so pretty.
I am also adding this to the "Addicted to CAS" challenge, which is "Flowers"




















































I was asked to make a non traditional Christening card for a lady at work, I found this sweet little applique bear in my local Stamp Shop and knew he would be perfect for my card. The sentiment is computer generated so I haven't actually used any stamping on this card, which is very unusual for me.

I hope you are having a great weekend, I have been able to get in the garden again today and have planted some seeds, lets hope the good weather is here to stay!


16 comments:

Rosemary said...

your LIM card is just stunning! the masking is amazing!

Fiona said...

Love your Hydrangea, great masking.

Chrissie said...

I love your LIM card, the image is so delicate!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Nat said...

wow Sally! both designs are wonderful. Love this clean crisp happy birthday hydrangea!! :)

Barb said...

Love how you used the hydrangea on your first card, Sally - so pretty! Your second card is very sweet - that teddy is adorable!

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous cards Sally. Love the simplicity and elegance of your first one and what an adorable little appliqué bear. A sweet christening card.

Jacqueline said...

Hi Sally - that is such a lovely CAS card - love that distress color ink.

Jen Nelson said...

beautiful card sally

Fabulous interpretation of my Sketch. Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"

Jessi Fogan said...

Your masking is total perfection, Sally - I LOVE that hydrangea :) And the applique is so cute! Funny I've found myself stamping more lately & using less patterned papers...over time we just evolve it seems.

judkajudi said...

I am going to try stamping flowers in colored inks ... looks great!! Darling christening card, too.

maria f. said...

I've always loved that hydrangea stamp and I think I love it even more "in small portions". Fabulous card.

Unknown said...

Both cards are so beautiful... Your masking technique on the first card is just perfect! Thank you for playing with us at Addicted to CAS!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous cards Sally, congrats :) Cathy x

Linda Beeson said...

How sweet is that little flower square, so simple, so pretty

Darnell said...

I'm delighted your stunning card was the Winner over at ATCAS, Sally!!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Gorgeous cards Sally! Congrats on your win!!