Thursday 17 April 2014

Sketch Challenge




I have been enjoying the Easter break from school and as the weather has been glorious I have not founds time to do any creating.  Today I decided to spend a couple of hours in my craft room and make a card for the new Hero Arts Sketch challenge. I have followed sketch 2 and used my new Poppy stamp. I also dusted off the Envelope Background and stamped the red card and the edge of the label.



On Tuesday I went with Francesca for a visit to London, I have been lucky enough to win a competition and the prize is some jewelry designed by Alex Monroe, we went for the consultation and after treated ourselves to coffee on the 32 floor of the shard.







This is a selfie taken in the cocktail bar of the shard, ( it was very plush inside!!)


 And this is the view from our table, I am not very good at heights but managed this ,I don't think I could venture to the viewing point on the 64 floor!!

It looks like the weather is on the turn here, just in time for the Easter weekend, such a shame as we have lots planned, its my sons and husbands birthday on Saturday..

Hope you have a great holiday weekend.





8 comments:

Lin said...

Your card showcases this poppy beautifully, Sally! And lucky you to have a fun day in London! Great pics!

Betty said...

wonderful card Sally - and you look wonderful too - love the outfit - very classy!!!

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card, and your pics! Jo x

Jacqueline said...

Lovely photos with your beautiful daughter, Sally - how nice to have won some jewelry too!
Your card is so lovely too!

Robin K. said...

How exciting to have won jewelry!!! Your card is lovely- I like the addition of the twine! Have a blessed Easter and enjoy celebrating your family birthdays!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - just love your interpretation of the sketch, Sally! The poppy looks so gorgeous! And how fun to win jewelry - what great photos of your fun day!!

Brenda in IN said...

Thanks for sharing the great pictures. What a fun day for you both and how wonderful that you won some jewelry. Love your card and the border you put on the side of it. Have a wonderful day for Easter and celebrating the birthdays.

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Sally and love your photos. What an awesome prize to win. Enjoy the Easter break.