Monday 7 April 2014

Stencils!


Virginia's second challenge is underway and this time its to use stencils,  I have a couple of new stencils but have found it quite a challenge to use them, I can't really get the look right.  Never mind, I have made this one card for the challenge, I am not sure I am truly happy with it but its a start!!  I will also add it to the Simon Says Birthday Challenge.





I am happy with this card, my friend is going to a wedding this week and asked me to make a card for her, I decided to have another play with my Silhouette machine and came up with this simple white design.

Have a great week.


9 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Your stenciled elements work so beautifully with the Washi tape, Sally! It's bright, cheery and has that folksy feel to it! Awesome! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's view Challenge!

joy said...

Pretty cards, Sally! The stenciled card has a happy feel to it and that wedding card is very beautiful.

I have a lot of stencils and have done some of the things I've seen being done with them. But, I'm not in love with stencils per se. I'm having a difficult time deciding what to do for the challenge.

Robin K. said...

I have to admit I'm a little intimidated by stencils:(. I love the vibrant colors you used and your composition Sally! And your wedding card is stunning!!! Nice work with your Silhouette!

Cindy C. said...

The stencilled card is really pretty, love the combination of the stencils. And the wedding card for your friend is so elegant and sweet! Thanks for sharing.

Arlene said...

Love both cards. Love those flowers on the first card - perfection.

The wedding card is so elegant.

Dawn T said...

Love the stencil card Sally. It is such a neat combination of colours and your second card is so elegant.

Dotty Jo said...

Love the pretty colours on your stencil card and your wedding card is a stunner! Jo x

Jacqueline said...

As Virginia said, your stencil card has a homely, folksy feel to it, so very lovely!

Melissa Bove said...

Both cards are gorgeous!! You did a great job with the stencils!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa