Sunday 6 May 2012

Fluttering Butterfly

Fluttering Butterfly by sally_sherfield
Fluttering Butterfly, a photo by sally_sherfield on Flickr.
The weather must be bad here I don't think I have ever posted twice in one day before. I wanted to try and make an interactive card for the current challenge over at Hero Arts, After seeing this discussion thread by Susan I had a go at making a DIY Wobbler and attached it to my butterfly. When you touch its wings or even the card they flutter. I am really pleased with this effect and shall definitely be having another go.

The flowers are coloured again with my distress markers and then touched up to highlight the flower centres. I then just added the pearls and sentiment.

This card is also for the CAS-ual Friday First Birthday Challenge.







 P.S.Don't forget to go to this post for my 200 follower's giveaway.

20 comments:

Lisa said...

Lovely butterfly! And I like the water color look of the flowers in the corner :) I have never tried an interactive type card- cute idea!

donna mikasa said...

Lovely card, Sally! Your interactive butterfly is gorgeous! I can't wait to try this, too.

Dotty Jo said...

Simply stunning Sally - love how you've used the Distress markers again and that butterfly looks gorgeous. Jo x PS I've got a rather special blogcandy until the end of May...

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the combination of colours - and the wobbler? I must try it :)

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sally ! Another beautiful card with wonderful stamping. I also love the blue flower on your previous post. Thank you for getting back to me with the explanation of how you ink up with the Distress Markers, Have a great week, Shirley

Pam W Merwin said...

Saw it on Flickr - Amazing! Such great colors on your flowers too ;)

joy said...

So pretty, Sally! Love that you made your own wobbler!!!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful card, Sally! The distress inks work so lovely together, isn't it? I just love the colors and the wobbly butterfly ( I also made one for HA challenge)!!So glad that you join the birthday celebration with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Stephanie Washburn said...

Oooohhh la la! Just beautiful! The colors are amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays! :)

Cindy C. said...

Stunning !!

Dawn T said...

fabulous Sally. Great idea

Karen M said...

Your card is so gorgeous - love the butterfly, hugs x x

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for entering my blogcandy Sally, much appreciated, Jo x

Brenda said...

Exquisite Sally! And that butterfly is simply beautiful!

Gayatri said...

So beautiful! I love the flowers stamped with markers and beautiful interactive butterfly. I also need to try the DIY wobbler. Very clever :)
Thanks so much for joing us @CAS-ual Friday!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

So BEAUTIFUL!!!

Debby said...

Your butterfly just pops right off the page and fun that it's an interactive card too. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

Alice said...

what a beauty, Sally! love this!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous card! Lovely interactive butterfly!