Sunday 27 May 2012

Sunflowers!!

 Oh my goodness I can't believe its over a week since I posted here.  I had a fabulous weekend away for my Wedding Anniversary ( thanks for all the good wishes) and we were so lucky with the weather, it didn't rain once.  We well and truly spoilt ourselves with two delicious meals out and had fun on the beach and visiting various places.

Since I have been back I have been really busy and not had any time for crafting till today.  I wanted to have a go at Vera's challenge over at the Lily Pad, its quite a simple card but my mojo is playing up at the moment and its all I could think off.  Lets hope it returns soon!!!



Here care three quick photo's, we went to Hix's Oyster Restaurant in Lyme Regis and this was my starter. 


Doesn't it look pretty on the plate, a real work of art and delicious too, this is pureed beetroot with goats cheese, toasted hazelnuts and wild garlic flowers!!


This is the main course and a view from our table out across the harbour and a view off the cobb at Lyme.  My meal was a crab curry, very messy as the crab was served in the shell but really delicious so worth the curry fingers!!


This is hubby on the beach at Charmouth fossil hunting, although its sunny we had to keep our jackets on as there was a cold wind,  it was well worth the hunt , he was lucky enough to find a really rare ammonite.

I promise I will catch up with some blogs this week as things have quietened down a bit now.


11 comments:

Nancy K said...

I love your flower filled card, Sally! Great use of Vera's inspiration photo...thanks for sharing it with the crew at Lily Pad Cards!
Your anniversary trip looks like it was wonderful, the photos of your fancy eats are amazing! So glad you enjoyed a lovely time away.

donna mikasa said...

Love your take on the photo, Sally! And welcome home! Thanks for sharing your vacation photos--the food looks scrumptious!

Brenda said...

Oh goodness, you are making me hungry for something nice and spicy! Those meals look delicious and I am extremely jealous of the view! I love those sunflowers on your card Sally, and the beaded one is extra special! Welcome back, and just know that I will also be absent from commenting as we start to load up the seafreight for our journey back to South Africa!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Great card and love the 3D'd sunflower & butterfly. Your post is making me hungry ! :)

Barb said...

Sounds like a wonderful getaway, Sally! Love your flowery card and I'm so glad you had the chance to join in the challenge at Lily Pad Cards! :)

Dawn T said...

very pretty card and how lovely you meal looked. So pleased you had a lovely break away

Jessi Fogan said...

I had to skip past the food photos...I'm dutifully eating my plain oatmeal for breakfast :P
So glad you had a wonderful trip together!Love the fossil hunting - we have an area for that here as well, and the boys love it!
And of course, your card is marvelous. I love the fun layout & colours :)

Cindy C. said...

The sunflower card is so cheery!

Thanks for sharing these photos of your trip. Looks and sounds like you had a great trip!!

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card Sally, and it looks like you had a great time in Lyme. My uncle had a bungalow just outside the town with beautiful views across a wood that was filled to the brim with bluebells every spring. The area holds some very happy memories for me, Jo x

Kara Lynne said...

So glad you had a great time away. The food does look delicious. I love how you gave that center flower the focus with its dimension, color and pretty pearls. Welcome back!

Robin K. said...

Your anniversary trip looks amazing Sally!! And the food looks like it was incredibly yummy!! I love the cheery sunflowers on your card!