Thursday 31 May 2012

Star Birthdays!!


























Just a quick post with my card for the last  Lily Pad Challenge, I am really sad to see this challenge site finishing as I love playing along with them..  Here's my "Star " card for the Simon Says challenge.  Not my usual type of card but I am trying to kick start my mojo.  I have struggled since my trip away and I am hoping its back for next week as its school half term holidays and I want to create some cards for a craft fair that I am doing.

I rainbow stamped some card stock with some distress inks and my HA leaf and floral background stamp before punching out the stars and cutting the strips of paper.

Hope you are having a fun week.

10 comments:

Nancy K said...

I love that stamping technique, Sally! The rainbow colors looks fabulous. Really great birthday card design with the stars! Thanks for participating in all the Lily Pad Cards challenge!

Kara Lynne said...

I love the paper design you createdfor your stars. I'm grieving with you about Lily Pad Cards!

Jessi Fogan said...

I was stunned to see the news about Lily Pad! Just gobsmacked. I'm making a point to play in the rest of their challenges to send them off in style :)
I really like this card - the wonky stars are so fun, and I like the muted colours against the white - and what a great mix of colours. It's hard to force mojo into gear when you've got something to get ready for - I wish you luck! (The last minute always seems to do the trick for me, lol!)

Cindy C. said...

So cute! Love your stamped pattern paper!

Anita Rex said...

So pretty! I love the stars and the way you stamped them! :>

Robin K. said...

The stars almost remind me of tie dye - very cool! Good luck on your craft fair!!

joy said...

Quite clever, Sally! Love those big stars and your take on the challenge.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love the stamped stars, Sally! Such great colors and design to this fun birthday card!

Brenda said...

You used some gorgeous colors Sally! I know, it's always hard to start again after being away! But I think you did fabulous! All the best with the craft fair, that sounds like it could be exciting!

Jen W. said...

Love the patterned paper you created for you card!