Thursday 6 October 2016

Christmas Poinsettia.



I wanted to enter the current Wednesday Challenge over at the Simon Says blog but as we don't send Halloween cards here in the UK I decided to use the colour option and make a Christmas card. I had this lovely patterned paper in my stash that was the perfect colours so used that for the backing.  The poinsettia is a Hero Arts stamp and die set that I have stamped and embossed in gold on Vellum and layered up, I have then added some die cut tags. Hopefully this card qualifies for the challenge.  I shall also add it to the a2zScrapbooking October challenge "Layer it".

Hope you are having a good week, the weather is still really sunny here but the temperature has turned colder and it feels like Autumn has arrived.


14 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card, Sally and so professionally photographed too! Jo x

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful use of those Fall colors on this outstanding Christmas card!!

Cindy C. said...

By the way great layers! Thank for linking up at our challenge at a2z!

LaVon Hall said...

This is such a beautiful Christmas card in those rich colors. Very elegant.

Chark said...

thanks for entering at a2z, it's beautiful!

Dawn T said...

Beautifully done Sally and so happy you've added it to a2Z's Layering challenge this month. It's perfect.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous poinsettia, Sally, and I love the patterns behind it!!

Arlene said...

I LOVE those colors. Making your poinsettia in gold and white was a perfect way to set your focal point. Elegant.

So glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking.

Whimsey said...

Those colors are absolutely gorgeous!! Just beautiful!

Thank you for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking!

~Michele, DT

Macimbalo said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at a2z!

debby4000 said...

The colours are perfect for a Christmas card, wish I had that idea before I made my card. Love it.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

foleysfriend said...

So beautiful; love the poinsettia. Thanks for joining us at a2z this month.

sue n.

creative lady said...

Live the autumn colors of your card. The poinsettia embossed is gold really makes it stand out! Thanks for playing along with a2z.

Helen Gullett said...

Gorgeous poinsettia! Love your background too! Thanks for playing along with a2z Challenge!