Saturday 3 December 2011

Buttons!!


I have been having trouble with some missing mojo lately, but at last I think its on the way back!!  I created this CAS card for the current button challenge over at the Lily Pad Blog.  Something quite simple to get the creative juices flowing again!!

I am also adding this to "The Random Fun Challenge" over at Moxie Fab World.

I have added different green Distress inks to the wreath stamp from Hero Arts and then spritzed with water before stamping to give a water colour effect.  I have then just added the ribbon, buttons and bling!!
  I have been wanting to get my hands on the Hero Arts Village stamp for ages after seeing all the fabulous cards Jacqueline and Franziska from the flickr group have been creating.

Imagine my excitment when Clare offered to send it to me after seeing it on my wish list at the flickr site.  Thats what I love about the group everyone is so kind and so generous in many ways.  Thank you so much Clare I am having lots of fun inking it up.


Here is another card I have made with the stamp, this time a Christmas themed one, I know this stamp is going to be so versatile!!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend, I am getting ready to do a small stamping class next week, its my first and I am both excited and nervous!!

13 comments:

Barb said...

Sally, I would say your mojo is back in full force - these are all so beautiful! :)

Unknown said...

these are lovely Sally! the first and last are my absolute faves though...gorgeous designs!

Annette Allen said...

wow your cards are so beautiful...I love that wreath with the added buttons and gems...so pretty...

Love that butterfly and that awesome Christmas card..

Happy Weekend..

CraftyC said...

Beautiful cards Sally, love the flowers and butterflies
Clairexx

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards! You're doing a stamping class - how fabulous! I've done a few sessions at the library and always find it a good idea to reherse my card(s) a few times first. Hope it goes well... keep us all posted, Jo x

Brenda said...

Firstly, good luck with your stamping class next week, I know it's going to go very well, you are so good at what you do! I saw these three cards on Flickr, they truly are beautiful Sally! I love the buttons and bling on the wreath and the way you used the Village stamp especially your last card, just beautiful!

Jacqueline said...

Sally, that is so nice of Clare to send you that stamp - I agree with you - the girls in the flickr group are the best! You created some beautiful cards with it too - so nice to see other inspiring ideas with this stamp!
Enjoy your Sunday.

Jessi Fogan said...

Sally, all of these are gorgeous! Sometimes the missing mojo just needs to see ink to come back :) I love the different styles of card you've made with the 'village' stamp (amazing!) and the sweet button wreath. There's a button challenge at Moxie Fab too right now, the Random Fun challenge, that you should link up with :)

gRiSeL™ said...

OMG! I have that stamp set from HA and I had bought it after seeing Kristina Werner make a simple but gorgeous card. You've just inspired me to use it in more ways!!! I'm just starting to use Distress inks and lovin' them! I absolutely LOVE the watercolor technique, so this is a perfect way to have fun using this wreath stamp!!! GORGEOUS work, Sally! I'm following your blog now!! (:

Lisa said...

These are 3 amazing works of art! The button wreath is so sweet and CAS. Love what you did with the village stamp on the 2nd- it looks great! I feel the same way about the simple frame stamp- I am getting it with my HA win- I keep seeing what Jacqueline and you do with it....it's awesome! Love the village in the round as well!
Best of luck with your stamping class!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sally! Thanks for linking this up to the Random Fun Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Chunyuan said...

Gorgeous wreath card. Congrats on your win.

Nancy K said...

I'm loving your village card creativity, Sally! How lovely that Clare gifted you with that wonderful stamp! I love your beautiful watercolor wreath, so glad you linked it up at the Lily Pad!