Sunday 30 December 2012

Thank You Cards!

 At last I have found time for a little crafting, its been such a busy few weeks, I have missed having some me time in the craft room!!  Here are a couple of Thank you cards I have been working on.  The top one is using the Hero Arts Butterfly Thank You from the Greetings set placed on the Newspaper background.  I have stamped the butterfly again and coloured with Distress Inks before coating with Glossy Accents and adhering   with glue just down the butterflies body so the wings can be raised.  I have also added a strip if Washi Tape part of my win from Tones blog!!





























The second card was inspired by the stamped hexagon image that Linda sent to me, I decided to make a hexagon shaped card, to do this I got the shape from Google images and cut to the size I wanted.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and wishing you a Happy New Year.  As you know I work in a school so I don't go back till 7th January, another weeks holiday is just what I need and I hope to find time for more crafting!!


12 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous cards, Sally! Your butterfly and butterfly panel are stunning and I love the way you've used the Newspaper Background with it! I love the shape of the second card and the fab layered flower embellishment! Happy New Year to you and enjoy the rest of your hols!

Small T said...

Sally, both of your cards are absolutely wonderful!
I love how you used the Black Damask Washi Tape from my shop www.washitapes.nl! This is one of my favorites! :-) xx

Jessi Fogan said...

I so love that butterfly & the amazing things you show off with it :) And that washi tape is GORGEOUS!
Perfect clever idea for the hexagon & how to make it - I have a sketch coming up that I was pondering how I could cut teeny hexagons....genius! Thank you so much for sharing how you did it because I was STUMPED.
Glad you have some more time off - my kids go back on the 3rd, Thursday, which seems oddly ridiculous to me. Who goes back mid-week? Ugh.

Robin K. said...

Both cards are lovely Sally! I especially love the shaped card! The layered floral embellie is so pretty!! Glad you are finding some "you" time during your time off from the school year:). Happy New Year!!

Dawn T said...

Both are so pretty Sally. Love the butterfly especially.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautifully colored butterfly, Sally, and I love what you did with the hexagon background! Glad you could make use of it!! Happy New Year!

Arlene said...

Beautifully done!

Judith said...

Love both cards, but the butterfly one is my fav. Happy New Year!

Cathy A said...

Both lovely cards Sally, the Washi tape finishes of the edge of the first one perfectly, I must try that! Happy New Year!

donna mikasa said...

Love both cards--especially the hexagon shaped one. Must try that! Wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year!

Dotty Jo said...

Simply gorgeous - lovely colours and images! Happy New Year Sally, Jo x

Brenda said...

These are fantastic Sally! I adore that Hexagon card! Wow, awesome shape!