Monday 15 February 2021

Embossing Folders!


 

The "Lets Squash it #5" is to "Love and Red" so as Valentines day is gone this year I decided to make an Anniversary card for my husband.  I used this really old Cuttlebug embossing folder and the Distress Oxide to create an Ombre effect.



I then mounted this onto a red card base and added the different die cut hearts.  The sentiment is part of a Simon Says Happy Birthday cut and then adding the computer generated Anniversary.


This challenge is making me think more about all the embossing folders I have and using them more!!

I will also add this card to the Love Flickr Group challenge,

Another week in Lockdown and its beginning to get frustrating, I was lucky enough to have my first vaccination last week so fingers crossed we can get back to some sort of normal soon.

Have a great week

Hugs
Sally


8 comments:

Lucy E. said...

Your anniversary card is so pretty.
I love the ombré background!

Janis said...

Oh, how wonderful! I am here from Let's Squash It! to get a closer look at your beautiful card. Love the inked embossing....such a great background for your hearts. The touch of gold really adds an extra bit of WOW! Fabulous work. Thank you for sharing.
Stay healthy and creative!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Dawn T said...

such a pretty card Sally. Hopefully life will get back to normal as quickly as possible. I can't imagine how hard it's been for the UK. Here in NZ we have been doing very well but 3 community cases has caused a 3 day lockdown. take care.

Angelnorth said...

What a wonderful ombre effect, perfect with this folder and the touch of god on he die cut wording lends to whole thing an opulent air - love it! My hubby has had his first jab, patiently waiting for my turn now!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So gorgeous with the ombre heart background, Sally - love it!! Our household got the first shot of vaccine last week; 4 weeks til the second. Looking forward to normality!!

Robyn Oliver said...

"Lovely" card Sally... nice ombre shading on the EF, to set off your die cut hearts, Robyn

Dotty Jo said...

Love that fabulous ombre shading and your gorgeous layout! Thanks for playing again at Let's Squash It! So happy that you are one of our regular players, Jo x

ionabunny said...

Oooh, love your ombre hearts. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz