Sunday 2 May 2021

Background making.



 I recently watched this Jennifer McGuire video about making lots of backgrounds with a distress ink transfer technique.  Yesterday was a dull day so I got to work and made some backgrounds using this fun technique.


I used distressed oxides for the base  of Pickled Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade and Squeezed Lemonade
applying them thickly to the base card, drying really well before stamping with a really old Hero Arts background stamp called "Leaf and Floral Background" and embossing in clear. I then spritzed with water and place a blank piece of card on top and ran through my embossing machine.
 
This background is the resulting print, I will show the other piece later as I haven't made it into a card yet. I really liked the soft look of this piece. Just then added some butterflies made with the SSS Adeline die also coloured with the same inks. and the thanks sentiment.


This was a great technique to do and now I have a set of backgrounds in my stash ready to use.

I will add this card to both  the current SSS Flickr challenge and SSS Wednesday Challenge both "Anything Goes"

Its a lovely morning here so I am off to the garden with a coffee.  Have a great week.

Hugs

Sally


3 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is beautiful, Sally! Off to take a look at the post that inspired you, Jo x

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: So beautiful, Sally. Just lovely! ☺☺☺ mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Dawn T said...

Beautifully done Sally. I tried this but didn't get such a great result. Love the soft colours and loved the butterflies in the same colours.