Tuesday 19 January 2021

Winter Chill!


I don't have many winter Birthdays to make for so I found it fun to make this Snowflake Birthday card, I used my favourite Distress Oxide inks for the background.  That's Cracked Pistachio and Salty Ocean, IO think they blend really well together, I then stamped snowflakes from a really old Hero Arts set and embossed them in gold, silver and white.  I then flicked some white gouache all over the card and let it dry.

Next I cut the SSS Birthday circle die in white and added some die cit Simon Says snowflakes to the centre and then added to my card.



 I am entering this card into two challenges, SSS Flickr group "Winter Chill " and the SSS Wednesday challenge "Layer it up".

Went for a lockdown walk yesterday and noticed the first signs of spring arriving, the snowdrops are looking beautiful. Definitely one of my favourite flowers.



Have a great week
Hugs
Sally
 

2 comments:

Lin said...

What a fantastic design for a winter birthday, Sally! And thanks for the peek at your snowdrops! I need to get some of those planted this year, they surely do make me smile!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful snowflake card, Sally - perfect for a winter bday!! Just love your blended background too and those snowdrops look gorgeous!!