Friday 26 February 2010

Blue Butterfly





This card fits two challenges really well, the challenge at The Play Date Cafe ( which is always a colour challenge) is to use the colours black, white and either blue or green. I Love this Hero Arts butterfly stamp so much. I have paper pieced it, coated it with glossy accents and then sprinkled on some seed beads.



The card is embossed slightly at the edges.

The other challenge I am going to enter it for is the one on Lucys blog. It is to created a card that has been inspired by someone. Kathy has the most amazing blog and I am constantly inspired by her work and this is my interpretation of this card.

I am of to the Make-It fair in Farnborough tomorrow and I am so excited about it. This fair is held one a year and is the biggest craft fair in this area, I always look forward to going as there are always lots of stalls selling new products and also amazing demonstrations. I am sure to spend lots of money but its only once a year so it has to be done! LOL.

Hope you all have a fun weekend.

17 comments:

SewSuzySew said...

Beautiful Card and Butterfly ... Love the beads!

Hugs
Suze x

Lin said...

That card of Kathy's is one of my favorites, too - love your take on it!! Your paper-piecing is gorgeous!

Vicky said...

Beautiful card Sally. I'm a fan of that stamp too. I forgot I had it, must ink it up again. Have a lovely day tomorrow. :)xx

Pelusa said...

Amazing card! Love the butterfly as well as that curly stamp! It's so elegant!

Julie Ranae said...

A perfect example of 'color splash'! This is a really beautiful offering for The Play Date Cafe Challenge : )

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous, Sally! Love the splash of blue from the flourish!

Teresa Kline said...

wow....beautiful butterfly...have a fabulous weekend!

enjoy *~*

Dotty Jo said...

This is adorable Sally! What a lovely card, so pretty and in such wonderful colours! Love those seed beads. Have a great time tomorrow! Jo x

Alice said...

your butterfly is gorgeous, Sally!! LOVE this pretty simple card!

Agata said...

It is gorgeous! Such a simplicity is the most pleasing!

Suzanne C said...

Stunning card! Love the embossed edges and the stunning butterfly. (I am working on my play date card too!)

Enjoy your fair, it sounds like so much fun!

Sanne said...

Simply elegant!

Deirdre said...

Hohpe you enjoy the fair.... Adore your card.

Kathryn B said...

Love it! Love it! This is so beautiful! I'm totally lovin' your butterfly and how you embossed the card Sally!

Jean Franks Beck said...

So pretty and elegant!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful texture on this butterfly!

Mona Pendleton said...

Stunning 3-D butterfly! The beaded work looks beautiful! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!