Sunday 21 February 2010

Two cards and two challenges


I love trying different challenges as I feel they really stretch my imagination and make me try new things, perhaps styles and techniques that I wouldn't normally try. After a comment was left on my blog by Julie it led me to "The Play Date Cafe" a site that challenges you with colours. The colours this week are Red, Brown and Linen, so here is my interpretation of those colours. I made another of Dawn McVeys flowers, I love these so easy to make.


The challenge on The Daring Cardmakers blog is for a winter birthday and they suggested snowdrops. As I haven't got a snowdrop stamp I downloaded a line drawn image from google and coloured it. I then cut up a prima flower for the petals. I wanted the card to have a vintage feel to it so added the lace.
I am back to school tomorrow so less time to play. Hope you all have a great week and thanks for all the comments you leave they are really appreciated.

18 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Such lovely colour combos Sally! Love your backgrounds, especially on your first card - I must get that Hero Arts stamp!!!
What a clever idea to fold a prima flower, looks lovely! Jo x

Virginia L. said...

Both are gorgeous, Sally! I love the first card's color combo! It's an ingenious idea to use prima flowers for the petals! I'm with you about doing challenges...it help us to stretch our mind and enhance our skills ! Good luck with both!

Vicky said...

Love that colour combo Sally and that 'poofy' flower. I've had a go but mine don't look as good as yours.
Fab colouring on the snowflake, and folding the flower - inspired! :)x

SewSuzySew said...

Beautiful! Love the colour combo on the 1st one and that flower is gorgeous.
Hugs
Suze x

Lythan said...

I love the colours on the first card and the clever way you have done the snowdrops on the second one. Thanks for sharing your winter wonder with DCM this week :)

Deirdre said...

Beautiful cards Sally - love them.

Julie Ranae said...

Beautiful work on this creation and SO glad you found our challenge. Really looking forward to having you play with us when you can.

Go ahead and grab the 'I Play...' badge for your blog...you will find it on the sidebar at The Cafe blog.

Kathryn B said...

Such a beautiful card for the PDC challenge Sally!

Lynda said...

Two gorgeous cards and I just adore your snowdrops. Thanks for joining us at DCM this week.

Lynda xxx

Jill said...

Love how you cut up the prima petals- SUPER idea! Your cards are lovely, as usual! :)

Alice said...

wow! both cards are amazing! love the flower in the first card, gorgeous!!

Hanne said...

Beautiful cards! Wonderful details!
Hanne

chris f said...

Very elegant!

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Sally love these two cards - I particularly love the colour combo in the 1st card. Keep up the good work.

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous! Love the design on your play date challenge the flowers on your second card are very pretty!

Sanne said...

Wonderful cards Sally - I just got that Flourish background stamp myself - so beautiful! Thanks for great inspiration!

Sarah Anderson said...

Great paper flower. That's what I like about challenges too, the way they sometimes get you out of your comfort zone. Glad you joined in the play date cafe challenge and hope you play again :)

SueH said...

Really pretty cards Sally.

I think Google worked hard this week because that’s where I found my snowdrop image too.
Thanks for ‘Daring’ to join in this week.

Sue
x