Saturday 6 February 2010

Boxes



My son bought himself a take-away curry last week and it came in this amazing box, I decided it would make a great gift box for a present and had a try at re modelling it. The challenge on "Everything but the kitchen sink" is to use Box tops so I am not sure if this qualifies but have decided to enter it just incase. I have used a cereal box top for the scroll on the side of the box though.


This is the end result and I am really pleased with the effect.


Here is a close up of the tags, I decided to use one of Janes fabulous buttons. I was lucky enough to win these on her blog a few weeks ago and they are very precious but I felt it was the finishing touch the labels needed.


I was so thrilled yesterday when I found that this card had been picked out by the Cards blog as one of the challenge winners this week along with Agata from the Hero Arts flickr group. Well done to all the challenge winners!

16 comments:

Linda aka Oz said...

Love the box remake.. or remodel actually..hehe

Congrats on the Cards blog win, way to go darlin!! Oz

Virginia L. said...

What a fabulous box that you made from the take-out dinner! Looks like a fancy designer box after the "make-over"! Congrats to you on yesterday's winning list of CARDS blog! xoxo

Nancy said...

That box remake is wonderful, Sally! So creative! Congratulations on winning on the Cards blog, too!

Dotty Jo said...

Amazing box makeover Sally! Congrats on your win - that card is fabulous!!!! Jo x

Els said...

Congrats on your selection on the cards blog! Gorgeous box you created!

donna mikasa said...

Adorable altering of a take out box! So girlie and sweet! Love seeing Jane's buttons on it....it's perfect!
Congrats on being featured in Cards! Way to go, Sally!

Alice said...

the altered box is fabulous!! wow! congrats on making the challenge gallery at CARDS blog!!

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic box! Love how you incorporated the cereal box too. I saw your lovely card over on the CARDs blog too! Congrats!

Renelle said...

Love it! Can you explain how to make it?

Thanks!

Deirdre said...

Love what you did with the box. Great feature on Cards too...well done.

Courtney Baker said...

Wow how cute! Thanks so much for playing!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Great box and I love your card! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge! :)

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Congrats, Sally! Beautiful card!

Ann said...

Eeee, SO cute! Thanks for playing with us Kitchen Sink girls! :D

Winter said...

Too cute! I love that box! Thank you so much for playing with us in the challenge! :)
And Congrats on your cards win! :)

Vanessa said...

How did I miss all your fab creations??? Blogger didn`t tell me you posted something new, I am glad I looked! This box is fab! How I miss the delicious Indian Food you get in the UK - I loved to go to Masala Zone when we visited London...

Hugs,
Vanessa