Sunday 7 February 2010

Weddings and Babys



I am lucky enough to be going to two weddings this spring which means a new outfit (Woohoo) and two cards to make. I was excited to see that Caardvarks new challenge is for wedding cards and the amazing prize is to be published in Cards Magazine. I think its probably everyones dream to have their card featured in a magazine. I made this yesterday as my first attempt and I will be giving this to my cousins daughter as her wedding colours are pink.



I wanted to have a try at making this card after seeing Mels stunning card here, the image is from "Squigglefly", I think the baby is adorable. Off to do a little gardening now as the sun has come out.
Thanks to everyone for your comments, they are really appreciated.

17 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards Sally! Your wedding card is a work of art and that baby card is just too cute! You have sunshine???? It has hardly got light here today. I made lunch with the kitchen light on! Jo x

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Soooo pretty Sally!

Virginia L. said...

Love your wedding card, Sally. The gold embossing looks beautiful in this!! Love your card with the baby,too! Using the clear gems/balls is such a great idea! xoxo

Jill said...

Your wedding card is SOOOO elegant! And all those bubbles on the baby card are just TOO cute!

donna mikasa said...

Love both your cards, Sally! The wedding card is simply elegant and the baby card is just adorable! Love the texture on the bottom...

Lin said...

Your wedding card is breathtaking, Sally! Love the tiny bouquet tied up with ribbon and a button. Wishing you much luck on this challenge.

Tracey said...

Both cards are FABULOUS Sally!!

Alice said...

gorgeous wedding card! those pretty little flowers are the perfect touch!! The baby card is so adorable!! love them both!! =)

Sanne said...

Two wonderful cards Sally!

Sue McRae said...

Fantastic cards Sally! The wedding one is so elegant and pretty and the gem bubbles are perfect for the tub!

Deirdre said...

Sally, adore your wedding card - love it. Your baby card is sooo cute too... enjoy the garden.

Unknown said...

Darling cards! The wedding one is so lovely!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful wedding card! Love the bubble bath with the baby and the glossy stones as bubbles!

Vanessa said...

What an elegant wedding card! And the baby card is so cute!!

Hugs,
Vanessa

CFLanger said...

Wow, these cards are gorgeous! I love the baby card too. I saw Mel's also, and wanted to try it, but I haven't had a chance. I hope you have fun in your garden too. Sniff Sniff. Mine is under a foot of snow right now!

PawwPadd said...

The wedding card at the top is gorgeous! It looks more like a gift or keepsake! Love it!

Gisèle said...

Beautiful wedding card. I love the image.