Saturday 20 February 2010

I am addicted to this image!!!



I am addicted to using this fantastic digital image from squigglefly, its such a cute image and so easy to colour. This card is for the sketch challenge over at ETBTKS. I don't usually like sketch challenges but this one wasn't to tricky so decided to have a go.

Made this using the Wheat Grass Stamp from Hero Arts. I have been inspired by all the great cards using this stamp on the flickr group and also it was an excuse to get all inky with my distress inks. They are such fun to use as you never know how things will turn out. Decided to add some glossy accents to the grass for dimension.



Not had much time for crafting over the last two days its my lovely daughters birthday today and we travelled to Bristol yesterday to spend some time with her. Its was so good to get together again, she is in her final year at University and is really busy so visits are few and far between.
Also please check out my side bar the lovely Vanessa has some amazing Blog Candy to give away. She is a very talented crafter and her blog is a constant source of inspiration, take a look I promise you won't be disappointed.

Hope you are all having a fun and crafty weekend.

15 comments:

Lin said...

SO sweet, that little tubby card! And I love your turquoise and orange on the grasses one! Great idea to cut out the oval shape - makes it really stand out.

Vanessa said...

Your cards are fab, Sally! Love the adorable take on the EBTKS sketch and the grass looks gorgeous with the glossy accents! Have to get some!
Hugs,
Vanessa

Dotty Jo said...

That little baby in the bath is so cute! Love the grasses card too - that glossy accents was an inspired finishing touch!!! Jo x

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards! Such a cute digital image...

Virginia L. said...

I can see why you are addicted to that cute image (what a cutie!). Fantastic take on the ETBTK challenge.I also love the Wheat Grass card...I need to get mine out to play!

Kathy said...

Sally it's so delightful to see that you participate in the Squigglefly's challenges. I love this image and love what you have brought it to life. I also LOVE the wheat card and the background is stunning. Hugs,kathy

Julie Ranae said...

SO very glad I found your blog! You have a lovely style and I always like making new friends from the UK.

My best friend Sarah (the art of moodling) lives in Cheshire, my husband is from Manchester and his mum is currently living in Banbury.

Would love to invite you to visit Julie's Open Window to take a peek in..I always love new followers and if you are a challenge lover, please stop by The Play Date Cafe.

Nice to meet you : )

Alice said...

very cute baby card, Sally! I am addicted to see you use this image on your cards!! you just colored it so beautifully!! =) love the silhouette grass card, too! gorgeous colors and design! hope you have a wonderful weekend!! =)

Kelley Eubanks said...

How cute! Both of your cards are great! Thanks for playing along with our challenge! :)

Ann said...

Both cards are great! Your Kitchen Sink card is so cute! Thanks for playing! :D

Lynnette said...

So cute! That baby image is adorable

Jill said...

Thanks for the close up pic of the grass! The glossy accents look really nice!

Suzanne C said...

I know why you are addicted to that image.. Because you keep creating adorable cards with it! Love the grass card. So beautiful in the warm colors you used.

Winter said...

Too cute! I love that image too! Thanks for playing with us in the challenge! :)

Courtney Baker said...

Two cute cards! Thanks for playing along!