Thursday 10 June 2010

Another go at colour layering

















I decided to have another go at the colour layering technique but using the same design as the card in the previous post, I am happier with these colours, I love the peach and mint green together.
To make the centre panel I used low tack masking tape on the edges of the green card and then stamped with an "old letter writing" Hero Arts stamp, I then used "Bundled Sage" distress ink  on the edges. Next I stamped the flower images and then very carefully removed the tape, it leaves a lovely crisp edge.
Another quick post as things are still hectic here, hope it quietens down soon!!!

11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely Sally, great colours and perfect layering! Jo x

donna mikasa said...

So pretty, Sally! I should try this technique--love the real wildflowers, too!

Barb said...

Very pretty card, Sally! Love the colors and wonderful stamping! :)

Anita Rex said...

So pretty! I love the peach too!

Alice said...

very pretty colors!! love your beautiful stamping, Sally! lovely card!

Jacqueline den Daas Beringen said...

I love your work.

Groetjes Jacqueline

Nat said...

wonderful layers, love the soft colours and hand writing in the background. beautiful card!

Jill said...

You are the color layering queen! I love the orange and pink color combo on this- very striking and happy!

stampingandstitching said...

Beautiful card Sally! I love the colour combination and your layering of stamps and colours is wonderful!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful colors and lovely card!

Sanne said...

Lovely detail with the little heart. lOVE this Sally