Thursday 3 June 2010

Trouble with my mojo.



















Although its school holidays and I usually find lots of time to craft, my mojo decided to go walkabout a couple of days ago.  I have spent ages looking through lots of blogs and flickr sites to try and get some inspiration ( there are some truely amazing blogs out there and some wonderful cards). 
Early this year lots of people were making these flower pot cards and as I had not tried one, I decided to give it a go.

I used the Hero Arts "outline flowers" stamp and paperpieced in pinks and browns, really simple to do and gives a great effect.  This card is for the paperpieced challenge over at Jennys blog, she has lots of great ideas and her site is  well worth a visit.
Hopefully my mojo has returned as I have lots of birthdays coming up and need to get crafting!!!!


14 comments:

Barb said...

Looks like you mojo is in full swing now, Sally! Beautiful flower pot card! Love the texture and all those gorgeous, pearly flowers!! :)

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Sally your mojo has definitely returned - this card is really gorgeous I love those outline flowers and the detail you've added with the perfect pearls is a lovely touch. I also love the folded card across the pot - I've seen this in ribbon but its very effective in card too.

You mentioned that you browsed not only other blogs but also flickr groups, again thats something I haven't done (well actually I did look at yours once!!) its something I would like to set up too - so when I do I know who to come to for advice! (if that OK with you anyway!?)

Take care and enjoy the rest of your week off and especially this gorgeous sunshine!

Tina
X

Dotty Jo said...

This is beautiful Sally, love those flowers... I have to wonder why I've never bought that stamp as it is quite clearly gorgeous! i'm sure your mojo is 'just resting', it has not ceased to be Jo x

SewSuzySew said...

Lovely! I must dig that stamp out again ... your Mojo didn't go far then!
Hugs
Suze x

Vicky said...

It's very pretty Sally, love the mix of colours. :)x

Nancy said...

I honestly do not understand the whole "mojo" thing. My creativity goes in and out on a daily basis. LOL! The simplest thing may swing my mood at any given moment, and in turn my mind is blocked. Then I look around, see some new designs, and YEAH the creative juices are flowing again. I think we make too much of this "mojo" concept! My advice, go with the flow!

Alice said...

lovely card!! very pretty colors!!!

Vanessa said...

I love your card - it doesn't show any mojo missing for me!

Jenny said...

Wonderful creation... love it!!! So pretty!!

Deirdre said...

Sally, I love it.... great card.

Nat said...

Sally, I love your flower pot card, your sense of design is wonderful. there is so much texture and detail on these beautiful flowers! :)

Nancy said...

Lovely flower card, Sally! The ruffle is brilliant as are the wonderful flowers. It's safe to say your mojo has returned if this is any indication. Sometimes just taking some time off can give our mojo a jolt of fresh perspective.
blessings to you,
nancy

Suzanne C said...

Adorable flower pot card! the ruffle is sweet and the colors are so warm and inviting.

Jenny said...

Your mojo looks fine to me!! This is so pretty!! :) :) :)