Sunday 20 June 2010

A splash of Blue





















This weeks colour challenge at the Play Date Cafe is "A splash of Blue".



To make the background on this card I first inked the poppy stamp with Broken China distress ink, then I inked my Lace Background stamp with Chipped Sapphire ink, I kissed the two together then stamped onto card. I then embossed with clear embossing powder.







This morning I went to a Car Boot sale (like a Garage Sale ) on the green where I live and managed to find two boxed sets of Hero Arts stamps, Ribbon Greetings and Fancy Ribbons, they were both a bargain price so I was really pleased and couldn't wait to get home and ink them up.

The top section of the card was made using the same technique as the blue card above only this time I made three images and cut them in three different sizes.  I then pop dotted them together.




I stamped the message using one of my new ribbon stamps. Hope you have all had a great weekend, there is another football match on tonight that DH wants to watch so I can play with my new stamps.


14 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Two lovely cards Sally, and what a great idea to use the kissing tehcnique - gives a gorgeous effect! I'll bet you couldn't believe your luck when you found those stamps!!!! Jo x

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Sally

Love both cards still haven't tried the kissing technique myself yet.... but it does look lovely. I bet you couldn't believe your luck when you saw those stamps at the car boot!

Tina
X

Lin said...

Love your kissing effect, Sally! Both cards turned out beautifully!

Evelyn S. said...

Just glorious! I love the poppy stamp but haven't tried it yet....and you've inspired me again. Hadn't ever considered the 'kissing' technique for the background....OR the stacked series of images. Great!

~JulieH~ said...

Just saw your beautiful card on the Play date cafe challenge. Love your blog! How lucky is that coming across those wonderful stamps at a car boot sale!
Juliex

Barb said...

Wow, Sally! These are fantastic! Amazing effect with the kissing technique! The second card is so cool with the three layers! Just love it!! :)

Arlene said...

Love the unusual background you created by kissing the stamps. That blue is marvelous.

I love the way you put together the red card. WOW... loved it.

Vanessa said...

Great cards, Sally! Love the look of these! So beautiful!

Alice said...

wow! the kissed look is so pretty, Sally! very elegant and beautiful cards!!! i'll have to give it a try! thanks for the inspiration! =)

stampingandstitching said...

Wow, these are gorgeous Sally! Love the colours and the effect you achieved using the kissing technique! Great to get some bargains too!

Lisa Somerville said...

Pretty cards, wonderful background. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Both cards are fab! I really like the layers:) And the first card is fabby--I love all the white!! And it reminds me of the inspiration photo!! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Suzanne C said...

Just love the effect of the kissing in a darker ink color. Fantastic cards. Love both of them. the second one looks lovely with the layering of the images and love the color splash colors on the first. Happy you found time to join us again at PDCC!

Unknown said...

These are both wonderful, Sally! Love the effect of the kissing! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!