Friday 25 June 2010

Summer Holiday



















The weather has been glorious here in the last few days and when I saw this weeks Play Date Cafe colour challenge I immediately thought of the beach and the summer sun.

Sarah Anderson has chosen this weeks colours and they are real rich earthy colours, I love them! My inspiration has come from  Suzannes stunning card, her background is so beautiful and I wanted to try her technique with the acetate and distress inks, it was such fun and I have lots of inky fingers now!!

At last I have my camera back from the repairers and was able to get a shot of this in the evening sun.
When I spritzed the background with water I used a small amount of perfect pearls in the water so the card has a soft shimmer which doesn't really show in the photograph.
I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend as the weather is set to stay warm, hope you all enjoy your weekend.
Sallyx


16 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

Sally...this is just perfect for this week's color story at The Play Date Cafe! Really beautiful : )

Virginia L. said...

Yoiu used the colors so expertly and beautifully, Sally! I rally love the scene you created here. Simply peaceful...perfect summery card!

Unknown said...

Beautiful beach scene, Sally! Love your background.. so soft and lovely! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Dotty Jo said...

Great use of the colours Sally, and I love that background - just perfect for a lovely beach scene! Jo x

stampingandstitching said...

Oh wow Sally, this is gorgeous! Your sky looks amazing and I love the beach scene. The little shells are the perfect embellishment! Hope you have a great weekend!

Anne said...

What a wonderful little beach scene here Sally- love the cabins and love the little shells too!

Alice said...

very pretty background! beautiful card, Sally!

Nancy said...

Oh Sally, this perfectly captures a lovely summer day. So perfect for the PDCC too! Love it!
bless you,
nancy

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful background you created! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

donna mikasa said...

Beautiful, Sally! It was sooo worth it to get your fingers inky! Love the background and the summery scene!

Barb said...

Great take on the colors, Sally! And fantastic effect with this technique! Lovely background and beautiful card!

Sanne said...

Great little scene in some gorgeous colors - fantastic Sally!

Deirdre said...

Sally, this is just a stunner. Love it.

Suzanne C said...

Well this is just gorgeous! Love your background and glad you had fun with the technique! Glad you decided to play in the PDCC this week too!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH WOW! This is FAB--I love that string on the bottom with the shells! It makes it look like sand! I just love the embossed background...and everything about this card--FAB FAB FAB! Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the PDCC:)

Ruby said...

Such a lovely card!!! I love how you've done the little string with shells, so cute, and the colours look fab together! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the PDCC!