Friday 17 September 2010

Play Date Houses


















Another challenge at The Play Date Cafe  and another colour swatch that had me out of my comfort zone, this time I decided to use the inspirational photograph as well and try and put some houses on my card.

I made this card last night and this afternoon while blog hopping I have noticed that Lin must have been thinking along the same lines as me, love her cute snowy scene.
I have added some glossy Accents to the windows for a little shine and as there are "Offset Scallops" along the bottom this also qualifies for the challenge over at Moxie Fab World.
Looking forward to the weekend as my DD is coming home from Bristol, we haven't seen her for a while should be fun.
Hope you have a great weekend.
SallyX

14 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love your houses, seems a few of us are using houses this week. Love the lace and the scollops, all the elements work lovely together. Tracy Evans x

Lin said...

Oh, this is CUTE!! Great mind, huh? Thanks for the mention, Sally! Love your touch of lace!

Deirdre said...

So gorgeous Sally.

stampingandstitching said...

This is adorable, Sally! I love the way you've taken inspiration from both the PDCC colours and photo! The houses with the little hearts are so sweet and I love all the gorgeous scallops!

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute, love those little houses! The lace and glossy accents look great too! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this card!!!!!

Terry said...

Such darling little houses! Love all your details!

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic row of houses! Glad you followed the inspiration photo and made your own cute neighborhood. Lovely! Glad you found time to play again at the PDCC!

Alice said...

this is so cute, Sally! lovely card!

Andrea Ewen said...

Super job, I tend to take inspiration sketches literally too, helps to spark creativity...I tell myself :) Love those glossy windows and fab scallops at the bottom. Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Dawn T said...

so cute Sally. Love those houses. Just back from the big OE... and I have to tell you I tried a peach Bellini and I'm addicted!!!! Thanks for the tip!!!!

Zue said...

Sweet little houses. Love the lace and hearts.
Sue xx

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Just love these little houses! Love those windows and the glossy accents:) I also like those scallops and the shape of the card! So glad you joined in the fun this week:) THANKS for playing along with us at the PDCC:}

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sally! Thanks for entering the Offset Scallop Gallop Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)