Wednesday 8 December 2010

Ruthies surprise.




































About a year ago, Deborah Nolan, arranged for a group of card makers from the Hero Arts flickr group to start a card shower for Ruthie, one of the group who was unwell. Deborah is such a wonderful organised person and she arranged for Ruthie to receive a card twice a week for 9 months and even her adult children got some cards too. To keep our identities secret and to keep her guessing we all took a fairy name as a pseudonym. My name was Feather Goblinwand and I posted my card so it would arrive around 28th April.
I am pleased to say that Ruth is doing much better now and Deborah thought that  it was time to reveal our identities.
This is the card I made using two of my all time favourite Hero Arts stamps, the beautiful Heart winged butterfly and Antique Brocade background.  The butterfly is stamped on acetate and I added some glitter for sparkle.

Have a good week.
Hugs
Sallyx

10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Sally, just wanted to drop by and let you know that I am still haunting Blogland whenever I am able! That Deborah is such a star... and what a great card the very talented Feather Goblinwand created! Hugs, Jo x

Lin said...

Just gorgeous - bright and cheery!

Sanne said...

It is so good to see the heart winged butterfly again Sally - you made such a beautiful card with "her"....love the pink and gems :)

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Sally

What a lovely post to read and how lovely of everyone involved to send Ruth cards - what a super "organised act of kindness"!

Lovely card btw too!

Take care

Tina
X

Arlene said...

Just a gorgeous card!

Brenda said...

Hi Sally! How wonderful of Deborah to organise this, how totally super to keep it so secretive for so long! And how amazingly beautiful your card is! Those beautiful pinks, the lovely embossing and the butterfly, need I say more!

Alice said...

your butterfly is gorgeous. beautiful card, Sally!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card!

donna mikasa said...

Stunning! I'm sure this cheered up Ruth tremendously! So pretty!

Yogi said...

love the butterfly. Very pretty card.