Thursday 8 March 2012

Etched flowers!

Part of this months Hero Arts challenge is to follow this colour palette,  not my usual colours as I tend to use pinks, oranges and reds but it is a challenge after all!!







I am not sure I really like the finished card but I though perhaps it would do as a sympathy card as the colours are so muted, although it does actually look a lot brighter in real life.

For the background I have used my favorite emboss resist technique and then stamped the etched flower with distress inks, I have then water coloured the image for a little more definition.

At last I am beginning to feel better after my bug, thank you for all the good wishes they are really appreciated, I am looking forward to the weekend now.

18 comments:

Jen W. said...

I think it's gorgeous! Love the layered stamping!

donna mikasa said...

Oh my, this is stunning! I love the soft colors from the watercoloring. Just beautiful, Sally!

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Have a wonderful weekend!

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous! So love the blue. I thought it was an altered wine-label on the thumb-nail at first!

Jessi Fogan said...

This would be simply perfect for a sympathy card, Sally, you're right! Love that fun border, and the image is gorgeous. Glad you're feeling better!

Nancy K said...

Beautiful card, Sally! You've done vintage perfectly, I'm really loving how you used the frame, too!

Judy1223 said...

Sally, this is gorgeous! You do such pretty things with those etched flowers!

Nancy said...

Sally, your card is so lovely! Such beautiful stamping! Glad you are feeling better too!

maria's knutselplezier said...

I really like your card, love the colours, and lay-out, and I love the way you used your text stamp!!!

Greetings
Maria

Dawn T said...

a very elegant card Sally. Love the soft blues

Sophie said...

Eine wunderschöne Karte, sehr fein und elegant.
Fantastisch coloriert...

Viele Grüße

Ellie Knol said...

What a beauty, again!

joy said...

Oh, Sally! This is so very pretty - I love these colors and you have used them so nicely with these stamps!! Love this card!!

Virginia L. said...

Beautifully stamped! Love your choice of images and colors! Hope you are all better! HUGS!

Vicky said...

Such a pretty card! Love everything about it!

Brenda said...

This is beautiful and dreamy and has a very vintage feel about it! I really love it!

Alice said...

love the layered stamping. such a beautiful card, Sally! love it! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow, Sally - I just love how you used the colors on this beauty! Great mix of stamps too!!

maria f. said...

Love everything about it. The colors are perfect. The flowers beautiful. And that frame is so much fun.