Saturday 12 October 2013

Scottish Wedding!!


My son and his girlfriend are going to a traditional Scottish wedding next week and asked me to make a special card for it.  I found the perfect blue tartan ribbon and based my card around it,  the photo doesn't do the ribbon justice as the blue is really vibrant and rich, with the weather the way it is at the moment this is the best I can do!!  I have used the thistle stamp from the Hero Arts elegant weed set and stamped and embossed it in silver.
I am going to add this to two challenges "Shopping Our Stash" which is to use two forms of embossing!! and "Simon Says" Wednesday challenge to use rubber or clear stamps.

Hope you are having a great weekend.




12 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Wow Sally, love that ribbon and the thistle stamp - what a sensational card! Jo x PS I'm half way through an engagement card for a colleague.

Hayley said...

ooh this is stunning x

Lin said...

So VERY special, Sally! Just love it!

Cathy said...

This is beautiful Sally, love the sentiment stamp it's beautifully embossed and your tartan bow looks fantastic, Cathy x

Dawn T said...

What a perfect wedding card Sally. I really like it.

Jessi Fogan said...

I don't even know how this could be more perfectly Scottish! I love it! Lovely embossing (you have 2 kinds - you can enter at Shopping our Stash this week!)

Judith said...

Purely magical!

Shawna said...

Beautiful! LOVE that ribbon and how you kept it the focus.

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Beautiful card! I think you nailed a "Scottish" card perfectly! I'm sure the happy couple will love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash this week!
Blessings,
Michelle

Deirdre said...

This is beautiful Sally.

cheiron said...

So gorgeous Sally and I love the touch of "Scottish Ribbon" Thanks for playing along with us in the use a RUBBER OR CLEAR STAMP challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

Brenda said...

Stunning Sally! Love that ribbon, so perfect for the occasion!