Sunday 22 June 2014

Bokeh Effect



For those of you unfamiliar with the Bokeh effect, it's a photography term, and it refers to the look of sparkles that appear in a photograph when part of the image is out of focus or if light reflects. 



I made a couple of cards for this challenge, the bottom card is my favourite although the top has more sparkle than you can see as I have sprayed the background with shimmer mist!!  The Happy Birthday is cut using my Silhouette machine.  


This second card is made by just dabbing the card with my Distress Stains, I have also added  "A Touch Of Stella" to the dots for added sparkle.

The weather here has been glorious this weekend and I am out to sit in the garden now.  Happy Sunday!!!


7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Really must have a go at this style! Great cards Sally, Jo x

joy said...

Both cards are fabulous, Sally! I love the first one best, I think.

Teresa P. said...

These are really fun designs! I love the watercolor look on the first card. Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero :)

Dawn T said...

Both cards are simply delightful Sally. Beautifully done.

Robin K. said...

I rather love that first card Sally! Although the second one is very nicely done:)

Sarah G said...

Love both cards, Sally - the bokeh effect is really enhanced by the touches of shimmer! Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero :)

stampingandstitching said...

Oh these are gorgeous, Sally! I've never tried that effect but it sounds like fun and looks wonderful! Love all the sparkle you've added too!