Friday 3 April 2015

A card and a project!!



Just thought I would share this card, I made it for the "Unexpected " challenge at ABNH but I was too late uploading it to add it to the challenge.  Never mind it was fun making it!  Another shaker card with my new Congrats die from Hero Arts.


Here is a close up!

Last Friday I retired  after working as a school Admissions officer for the last 20 years, I will miss my job and all the people and children , but now I have time to try lots of new projects.  My first is to up cycle some furniture , I really enjoyed doing this and have lots more pieces lined up to do.



Here is the before picture although I had already sanded down the top before I remember to take this!!



Here is the after, I used Annie Sloan chalk paint in cream, painted it twice and then distressed it before waxing.  I then treated the top with Danish Oil. I am thrilled with the end result.

Hope you are all enjoying the Easter break.



7 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Sally, congratulations on your retirement and here's to lots of extra time for crafting! Your card is gorgeous! Love the pretty, colourful panel you created and the shaker element is such a fun touch! Wow I love what you did with the beautiful piece of furniture - it looks amazing!

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely, colourful card! I love up-cycling furniture... and still deeply regret giving away a chest of drawers that took me ages to do, Jo x

Jacqueline said...

Sally, I LOVE that cabinet! I recently found one, just like this, a little different, at a flea market two villages away, very cheap and I restored it in no time.
I think we have the same styles - just love how you restored it!

joy said...

Love your card, Sally!

And, that refinished table is fabulous! The chalk paint is the perfect choice. Have fun in your retirement!!

Barb Ghig said...

Love your shaker card, Sally! Your background is so pretty and I love how you played with the Congrats die!

Congrats on your retirement! You did an amazing job on your table...how fun that you'll be able to enjoy yourself now :)

Dawn T said...

beautiful card and your table is wonderful. Congrats on your retirement.. enjoy!

Robin K. said...

Congrats on your retirement Sally!!!! Love the design of your card! And that upcycled table is really fabulous!!! Please make sure you share all your projects- I love seeing what other crafty things card makers do!!