Saturday 30 May 2015

Cards at Last


I have just noticed that its been three weeks since I have posted and weeks since I have looked at any blogs, I didn't realize that I would be so busy now I have retired, when did I ever find time to go to work LOL!!!

I have been looking on flickr for some inspiration and noticed a lot of cards with watercolour splashed so decided to have a go and its not as easy as it looks.  In the end I used a die cut as a mask and used my distress  stains for these two cards. I am pleased with the effect, especially the smudge on the second card.  I also used the masking die on the card for some texture in the background.  I am adding these cards to the Simon Says Anything Goes challenge






I have been busy making more cushions, I have re discovered my sewing machine and have really enjoyed making these.  The second cushion was a request from my daughter, she had seen all the amazing applique dog cushions on Pinterest and asked if I could make her one. It was quite fiddly but she is thrilled with it. 











Have a great weekend.


7 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Hi Sally! I was wondering how the Hero Arts sistas were and stumbled across your blog. LOVE your card and the watercolored edge, and your cushions are works of art! Love the pieced pup!

Betty said...

how we ever got anything done before retirement is a mystery!!! wonderful cards and love seeing all the pillows you've been creating!!

Dawn T said...

You have been busy Sally. Your cards are fabulous. Watercolour washes are very on trend at the moment. Love the pretty colours you have chosen to make these.

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards and cushions - you are so talented, Sally! Jo x

Arlene said...

Your cards are gorgeous.

Simply love those cushions.

Brenda said...

Oh Sally, I just love your cushions! And your two gorgeous cards too of course!

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! Amazing cards Sally! Absolutely stunning!!

Your cushions are fabulous too!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa