Thursday 29 September 2016

A Pink Christmas!



After seeing some of Shari Carroll's inking techniques I decided to have a play with my Distress inks and some water colour paper, this is the result which I thought looked a bit like twinkly Christmas lights.  A very simple card  as I have just added the die cut bauble and an old Hero Arts sentiment, I am pleased with the alternative Christmas colours.  I am adding this to the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says and also the "Thread" challenge at Less is More.



 I also had time to play with my cute snowman again, I have layered him up on some glitter card for added sparkle.  The sentiment is a really old Hero Arts stamp.

Looking forward to the weekend as we have our family visiting.  Hope you have a great weekend.


10 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Both so delightful, I especially like how the background turned out on the first one!!

Betty said...

beautiful ornament card Sally - and such a cute snowman card - love the background you did for the ornament!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Oooh I'm loving that delicate watercolour BG on your first card - it sets the glittery Christmas ornament off perfectly. Such a neat and elegant placement of thread too and thanks for playing along with our challenge at Less is More this week. Sarah

Betty said...

beautiful ornament card Sally - and such a cute snowman - love the background for the ornament!

Esther said...

Two fantastic cards! The first one has such a pretty, soft background that sets off the ornament to perfection. I love the bright colours and layers of the second card, and the snowman is such a cutie! Thanks for sharing with us at Less is More :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties, Sally - just love the delicate ornament and the cute snowman!!

Susan said...

Such pretty card...love how you incorporated the theme! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Neets B said...

The pink and gold combo of your Christmas card is beautiful. The watercoloured background looks fab against the glitter and your fine thread.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Chrissie said...

I'm sorry for the really late visit Sally.
I love the delicate thread you used on these two fab cards!
Thanks so much for joining us!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Gayatri said...

Both cards are gorgeous. Love them both. My favourite is the first one. LOVE all the glitter. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge! Gayatri xx