Saturday 4 January 2020

More Christmas Cards!!



Happy New Year to all my visitors!!

Although Christmas is over for another year I am still keen to take part in the Christmas Kickstart Challenge.  Last year it really helped me with my cards as I was already ahead of the game when November arrived.  This fortnights theme is "Penguin Parade" and as  I have the gorgeous "Wanna Build a Snowman " set from Heffy Doodles I have no excuse.  


I prepared the background by distressing with Salty Sea and Pistachio Distress Oxide then running white Gouache through the Falling Snow stencil by Simon Says.  After adding the die cut mountain scene I stamped and coloured my penguins and snowball with Zig Brush Pens. then fussy cut them.


Finally I glued it all in place and added the sentiment.  Well my first card is in the box for next year !!

Thought I would add this photo I took of the beautiful lights down at West Bay, they were really gorgeous this year and looked amazing reflected in the water!



Have a great week.

Hugs
Sally

2 comments:

ionabunny said...

What a fun scene. That laughing penguin had better watch out or he will be a snowpenguin!!!! Thanks for joining the fun at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Hugz

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card, Sally! What a lovely scene you've created. So glad you've joined Gail and I at the first pre-Christmas 2020 challenge from CKC, Jo x