Sunday 6 February 2011

Apron inspired challenge.

All the new Hostesses have been announced now and after seeing all the pretty new aprons  the lovely Sarah has set the perfect challenge, to make a card using all the new colours. Linda (Purple) Heather (Green) Anita (Hot Pink) Sharon (Aqua) and me(Pink)  I was lucky enough to receive my prize package from Hero Arts this week for my Fab5 win in November.(I waited for the new catalogue to come out)
This included two of the new flower stamps S5482 Ruffled flower and CL495 Blossom Art,  I have been playing with them and making up layered flowers, so these were perfect for this challenge.  I have glued seed beads to the flower centers with Glossy Accents.

I spent a really enjoyable day yesterday at a patchwork class, its the first time I have tried patchwork and it was fun.  The class was all about making a bag, I haven't quite finished it yet but will post a photograph when I have.

Hope you are having a fun weekend and I just want to say Thank you for all the lovely comments, Flickr mails and emails I have received over the past few days, I really appreciate it.
SallyX

15 comments:

Lin said...

I LOVE this card, Sally! And I'd love to see your patchwork bag when it's finished.

Brenda said...

I just love your layered flowers and the beautiful colours! You are really tempting me to get these stamps! Cannot wait to see your patchwork bag!

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

This is lovely, Sally! Congrats!

Barb said...

Those flowers are absolutely gorgeous, Sally! Beautiful card!

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful take on the hostess challenge! So much floral goodness! Hope to see pics of your patchwork bag!

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card Sally - love the vibrant colours and the use of those seed beads! just lovely! Jo x

Tiffany Ervin said...

How fun is this Sally! Love that ruffled flower, such a wonderful mix of colors!

Dawn T said...

wonderful flowers Sally. Very pretty card.

Shawna said...

Love, love, love this card Sally!

Sanne said...

WOW Sally - LOVE this beauty......really beautiful dear!

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Sally

Those flowers are gorgeous aren't they! Great idea for the colour theme too. Enjoy your time being a hostess!

Tina
X

Jenny said...

Gorgeous card Sally!! WOW :)

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful flowers to represent the apron colors. Gorgeous card!

Michelle said...

Such beautful flowers, Sally! Love the beaded centers! Great idea!

Arlene said...

Beautiful flowers! Love the seed beads in the centers too.