Saturday 19 October 2019

Pink Snowflakes!



I was keen to play along in the Simon Says Flickr group challenge "Let your stencils shine"again but I don't have many stencils.  I decided to make my own with a couple of their snowflake dies.


I cut the "Kate" and "Eliza" snowflakes into some cardstock and used the outline of the cuts to rub some Raspberry Distress ink through, I then lay the cut snowflakes over the shape and carefully rubbed the ink over to create the shadow effect.


I then just added the die cut sentiment and some sequins, loved the effect it created and I am sure I will try this again.



I am also adding this card to the Simon Says Monday challenge "All things Pink"

I am still suffering with a nasty cold so am going to relax now with a Lemsip and a book.

Have a great weekend
Hugs
Sally

4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a beauty, Sally! The stenciled snowflakes look gorgeous. Bet this would look lovely in blues too, Jo x

Dawn T said...

So pretty Sally. Love the pink snowflakes

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! The way you have shaded the pink snowflakes is amazing and the gold wording looks so elegant too - I love it 😁. Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Creative wishes, Jo

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great reminder that our dies make amazing stencils, Sally! Just love your pink snowflakes with the gold sentiment!!