Monday 23 April 2012

More Poppies...






























I seem to be stuck on making Poppy cards at the moment, here is another for the "Virginia's View" challenge at The Lily Pad Blog.  Must be due to the fact the weather in the UK is really bad at the moment, after a fairly dry March, April has been non stop rain,  I can't wait for summer.....

Made this card by just using distress stains and inks, stamped the background, then inked some paper with Fired Brick and re stamped the image so I could cut out the poppies.  A really simple card, but I love the effect the distress inks have, so pretty.


10 comments:

Betty said...

that turned out so pretty - i also love the effect of the distress for the background - i forgot i have that poppy stamp also - might have to give it a try.

Brenda & Ian said...

I love that you are stuck on Poppies. Your cards are wonderful. I have the same stamp so you give me fabulous ideas.

I HOPE it dries up in the UK as well. We leave here (Maple Ridge, BC Canada) on May 18th for 3 plus weeks in GB.

joy said...

Oh, my! This is so pretty, Sally - I love how it turned out!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous Sally. Your Poppy cards are so pretty. Nice to see these stamps being used again.

Jessi Fogan said...

gorgeous! Love the shaped base :)

Sophie said...

Einfach nur schön, Sally
Die Mohnblumen sehen fantastisch aus mit den Perlen.

Liebe Grüße

Virginia L. said...

You are such a pro with shape card with this poppies! Every time I see it, I found something new and different! So creative! So glad that you join the fun with us at Lily Pad!

Brenda said...

I just love it when you do something with those Poppies, they always remind me of you, I don't even have to look! Stunning Sally.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Another lovely poppy card, Sally! Such beautiful colors!!

Anita Rex said...

Beautiful! Love how you used the distress inks!