Monday 2 April 2012

There's a new challenge Blog in cyber land!!!!

If you are looking for my Lily Pad Blog Hop post please go here!!






I am thrilled to say there is a new Challenge Blog called "A Blog Named Hero"  and as the name suggests its all do do with everything Hero Arts and a love for all there amazing products.  As you can imagine I became a follower straight away as I LOVE their products and an honestly say 90% of my stamps are Hero Arts. I have purchased a few other brands but always go back to my favourite company.

The first challenge has been set and its to use your favourite stamp or product on a card, this was a hard one as I love so many of their stamps but I realize that my most used set  is the "Antique Engravings" clear set.  The butterflies are so beautiful and I have used them in various forms on so many of my cards.


























Here is the card I have made, sorry for the dark photograph but I had a little trouble with the shine on the butterfly.  The background is stamped using a variety of distress inks and The London Background stamp.  The central panel is the Meadow Silhouette inked with various Distress inks and stains and stamped onto a piece of music patterned paper, I have then layered it up onto some cream card and then purple card. Lastly I have added my Gold embossed butterfly, the pearls have been coloured with a gold Pilot pen.

As this card has flowers on the image I am also adding it to the Lily Pads "Flower Challenge"

I am on two weeks holiday from school now so looking forward to lots of crafty time.

18 comments:

Barb said...

Love the mix of stamps you've used, Sally! Beautiful effect on the floral panel! So glad you played with us at Lily Pad Cards! :)

Jacqueline said...

What a beautiful card Sally - love everything about it!

Lagene said...

WOW! This is gorgeous!

Mary Dawn said...

thank you for joining the challenge, Sally! i love your elegant butterfly, that's one of my favorite sets too

Karen B. said...

Wow, so beautiful! I love the details!

Sophie said...

Wow! Eine wunderschöne Karte.

Der Schmetterling ist brilliant in der Ecke.

Viele Grüße

Lisa said...

That butterfly embossed in gold is so beautiful!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Exactly, how could you NOT play along with a Blog Named Hero? lol
Enjoy your crafty vacation! I can't wait to see what you get up to :)

Chari Moss said...

Lovely! I love the butterfly!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hello I just found your Blog on a list of another Blog that I follow. I had fun looking through some of your creations, they are gorgeous ! I love your work with embossing and inking along with your designs. I'll be your newest follower ! Have a great day, Shirley

Lin said...

Love this combination of stamps, Sally, and that you've still got some blue in you :)) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Lily Pad Cards!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a beautiful flower card, Sally! Love the flowers over the music paper and that gorgeous gold embossed butterfly!

Wee Von said...

Following thru on the Lily Pad blog hop. Your designs are stunning. Such beauty and grace. I too will be following you.

Brenda said...

I simply love all the details on this card Sally! And I am thrilled that you used Antique Engravings, it is my all time favourite stamp set, the one I use the most! This card is so beautiful with that lovely panel in the centre! I hope that I can finally make my card to contribute to this new Challenge Blog, today!

rlovew said...

Gorgeous card! I just noticed it as I was scrolling down to the lily pad birthday hop and had to comment.

Kristen said...

this is very interesting looking - in a good way! i love the image over the music, looks cool!

xo, Kristina
Visiting from A Blog Named Hero
Please stop by and say hello :)
www.pearlgateway.com

donna mikasa said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Sally! I love the depth and dimension, and that gorgeous butterfly!

Nancy K said...

I'm such a fan of your beautiful style, Sally! This card is a real stunner with so many absolutely fabulous features, love it! So happy you shared this with us at Lily Pad Cards!