Friday 22 February 2013

Shabby Chic




I have been so inspired by all the beautiful cards Jacqueline has been making with the Postcard stamp from Hero Arts that I had to buy it and have a go myself.  I decided on the Shabby Chic look so that I could enter it into the current challenge overt at A Blog Named Hero.  I have used lots of new stamps on this one, part of my Christmas win over at the Hero Arts Blog.  The Tweed background has been stamped in  Old Paper Distress ink, I then stamped the Postcard in Wet Cement.  The flowers were stamped and fussy cut so I could lift some of the petal points for a little definition.  The butterfly is from the "Three Artistic Butterflies" set and stamped onto patterned paper in Dark Green ink.

I had fun with this card and feel as though my mojo is on the way back at last.
Hope you all have a great weekend.


17 comments:

Barb said...

Gorgeous mix of stamps, Sally! Stunning card! Love that pretty ribbon!

Sue McRae said...

I love that you were able to combine so many stamps on this pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero.

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the colours! Sometimes just sitting & playing brings the mojo back - having recently been mojoless myself I know how desperate it can feel. Glad yours feels like it's returning!

Karen L K said...

A very nice card with a lovely mix of colors.

donna mikasa said...

Beautiful card, Sally! I love the color combo you chose and the butterfly is the perfect accent!

Robin K. said...

This is really beautiful Sally! I really love the mix of stamps and the colors you chose!

Dawn T said...

what a great combination of stamps and the colours are just beautiful Sally. I'm in the process of ordering the postcard stamp.

Nancy said...

So pretty, Sally! Gorgeous colors and stamping!

Lisa said...

Looks like you've been having fun with this new flower stamp Sally! Fun way to use that postcard stamp as well- it's a beautiful combo :)

Dotty Jo said...

And guess who's jaw hit the deck when she saw this!!??!! This is fabulous Sally, lovely crisp stamping and amazing fussy cutting - I love it, Jo x

Cathy A said...

Gorgeous tag Sally

Cris said...

What a lovely combination of stamps! Beautiful! Those flowers look gorgeous and I love the soft colors you used! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!

Chark said...

Nice project--love the colors!

Brenda said...

Oh my goodness, this is beautiful! I love the orange, it really pops. I am starting to love that Post Card stamp too!

Suzanne said...

Sally this is simply stunning! I love the colors and how you cut and layered the flowers over the tag! Congrats on your win!

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a GORGEOUS tag, Sally! Congrats on being named a "Fabulous Heroine" on ABNH!!!

donna mikasa said...

Congratulations on your deserving Heroine shout out at ABNH!