Sunday 3 November 2013

Christmas Village




I had time this morning to make another card using the pretty Winter Town stamp from HA, I only used a portion of it and also added the embossed snow to be able to cut out this tag shape, The ink is a Distress one called Seedless. I seem to be making more cards this year in unseasonal colours!  This is another card for this months Hero Arts Challenge. "Deck the Halls!"



I just thought I would share what has been keeping me busy this week,  I have been foraging  in the local countryside for blackberries and rose-hips to make these drinks. The blackberry liqueur is delicious and I am saving it for Christmas, its perfect when the weather turns cold.  The rose-hip is an old recipe, its packed with vitamin C and is meant to fend off colds.  When I was little we were always given a spoon of rose-hip syrup every day during the cold winter months.

Back to school tomorrow for me and then the countdown to Christmas really begins!!


12 comments:

Betty said...

another pretty card with a snowflake - with all the cards you've been making with snowflakes i missed you yesterday in the scramble - thought for sure you'd be there:(

Shawna said...

Love how you used the swiss dot embossing folder for the snow on your tag. I do so enjoy your creations!

Lin said...

I love this, Sally, just may be CASEing it for personal Christmas cards this year!

Dotty Jo said...

Another delightful card Sally! Yum, yum, yum - homemade goodies, Jo x

Deirdre said...

Wonderful creations - hope going back tomorrow isn't too bad!

judkajudi said...

Sally, I love the color! Gorgeous!!

Brenda said...

Another beautiful card Sally! I am loving the untraditional colours. Wish I lived close by, I could come and have a sip of that Blackberry Liqueur!

joy said...

Gorgeous card - love the seedless preserves color you used. And, those bottled syrups look very professional, too. BTW, I absolutely love all of the blues that can be seen in your kitchen in that photo. My kitchen is blue and white, also!!

Robin K. said...

I love what you've been creating with this winter town stamp!! So clever just to use a bit of it in this design! The non-traditional color is lovely! I'll bet that blackberry liqueur is delicious:)

Dawn T said...

Just love the colour scheme Sally. Beautiful card. Your liqueur sounds just delightful and rosehip syrup is so good for you. You have been busy

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE that colour! I haven't used it on a Christmas card yet though....but now I want to! And the syrup & liqueur....yum!

Diane said...

Love the idea of using the embossing folder for the snow. Wow, your syrups look fabulous.

Hugs Diane