Tuesday 2 November 2021

Christmas Shaker!!

I love making shaker cards and Christmas is the perfect excuse for lots if bling and sparkle! To make this card I used the older "Pile of Gifts" die from Simon Says which I cut into a circle blank and added some acetate.  I then distressed a large rectangle in the area behind my window with a rainbow effect. I used lots of pastel sequins for the shaker element.  The Holly is cut with the Poppy Stamps "Holly side Strips" die and coloured with Zigs, I then added the sparkly berries and a gold embossed sentiment.



 I am adding this card to the current SSS Flickr challenge "Creating for the Holidays"





I have also been busy over the last few weeks making a large cot  quilt and with the left over fabric I also  made a  pram quilt for my daughter who is expecting her first baby this month, also our first grandchild so very exciting!


I have only made two other quilts so kept it simple with a square design. 


I am really pleased with the end result.

Hugs
Sally

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Hola, Sally! Congratulations on your first grandbaby! The quilt that you made is gorgeous! So beautiful! Many happy days ahead. ☺ Warm hugs from San Antonio, Texas. ☺☺☺ Marisela mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Dawn T said...

What a gorgeous card Sally. It is superb. And congrats on the upcoming birth of your grandchild. Your quilts are gorgeous. One lucky grandchild having such an artistic talented Nana.