Thursday 27 October 2022

Christmas Box Card




after watching a video by Jennifer McGuire on how to make shadow box cards and thought it would be fun to make a little Christmas scene.  I have used various stamps and dies, the little penguins are by Heffy Doodle and the reindeer by Clearly Besotted.  I have stamped and water coloured with my Zig brush markers then die cut.  The background uses a really old house and tree die from Memory Box. the sky and clouds in the background use distress oxide inks and a stencil i made myself.

 

This card folds flat for putting in the envelope but pops up nicely when you stand it .  The video was so easy to follow and I am really pleased with the results, I am sure I will be making more like this.

I am adding this card to the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge "Anything Goes" and the Die Cut Divas Challenge "Watercolouring".


I am off to my daughters for a few days for a visit , I am really looking to playing with my little granddaughter Eva. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Hugs

Sally

5 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Adorable!! Thanks for linking up to our October challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

Michelle N. said...

Such a darling card-I love that you used a lot of different items in your stash! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

Arlene said...

What a cute scene you've created with such bright and fun colors. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for the October challenge. Arlene with the Die Cut Divas.

Dawn T said...

so beautiful Sally. Fabulous box card

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling shadow box scene, Sally!! Just love your watercolored critters and am glad you linked up at our Die Cut Diva challenge!!