Thursday 16 November 2023

Non Traditional Christmas!


 The Christmas Kickstart challenge this month is called " It's Christmas Jim but not as we know it! so for my card I decided to go for non traditional colours.


For my background I used a piece of patterned paper and ran it through the Simon Says "Spun Sugar" embossing folder.  I then die cut the SSS Merry word with a dusky pink background and glittery cream card.


Next I die cut lots of leaves and berries, also by SSS and coloured them with Zig markers.  I then adheared the word with foam tape so I could layer the leaves and berries under the word.  Lastly I added some clear gems.



Although these colours are non traditional I am really pleased with the look, delicate but still Christmassy.

We have another rainy day here in Dorset so I am busy trying to catch up with my crafting.

Have a great Day

Hugs

Sally

4 comments:

JulieP said...

Your card is so very elegant!!! I love the quilted texture of the background and your soft colors for the sprigs. It's a wonderful take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing with Christmas Kickstart!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great start on your crafty catch up, Sally - love your peach tones with the fab berries!!

Dawn T said...

Very pretty Sally. Such a beautiful colour scheme

Dotty Jo said...

Oooooo, your quilted texture works so well - looks just like a comfy quilt. Gorgeous colours and a beautiful design. Big hugs to you, Sally, and thanks for joining the sisters and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x